Author: vivian0102

Symbols of China in foreigners' eyes   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-1-13 15:02:59 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-1-12 20:06
I think a similar thread was begun a while ago in this forum.

Anyway, all the objects in the pictu ...

yes,compare 'Chinese Chicken' with a genetically manipulated organism" called KFC.

'Chicken that isn't chicken' people call it the 'Curse Frankenchicken'.

Colette Janson-Sand, http://urbanlegends.about.com/od/fooddrink/a/kfc_chicken.htm  
Associate Professor of Nutrition at the University of New Hampshire says her department has fielded a
flock of phone calls about the"chicken that isn't chicken" rumor,  which she described as "hysterical."
The University wasted no time publishing a rebuttal on its website. Interesting?

The company targets upmarket hotels and restaurants in China and later Asia-- YOU say!!
perhaps our medal winner isn't aware of the fifference between "tastin as good"
and
being as good
It takes about 40 muscles to smile, but only 4 to pull the trigger of a decent rifle

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-13 15:07:03 |Display all floors
The clothing and hairstyles worn by Chinese for 3000 years until the Qing Dynasty should be promoted as quintessential symbols of the classic beauty of China.  Their elegant styles influenced Japan and Korea but has been forgotten in China, except in movies. Manchu styles just don't measure up aesthetically as symbols of China.

Japan preserved much of the best of ancient Chinese culture and arts, which are known mostly by Japanese names.  Do Chinese know that koi, bonsai, origami and gagaku (court music) originally came from China?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-13 15:21:01 |Display all floors
What is the last second? is it lacquer?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-13 15:32:01 |Display all floors
timbatu Post time: 2012-1-13 13:46
When foreigners think about China, they usually think about Mao, Communism, cultural revolution, poo ...

Very true tim, except for those of us who've spent significant time in China and see how it is substantially more than those things you mentioned. You can't take the negative view on foreigners all the time you know....any more than you should take a negative view on foreigners all the time. See my point?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-13 19:27:48 |Display all floors
I heard that Chinese traditional clothings are much nicer than Koreans'.
LISTEN  TO  YOUR  HEART

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-14 00:28:42 |Display all floors
Sorry, and maybe because I am not into art, but when I think about Made in China, I am thinking about things that are very American like. Made in China to me is like electronic(Epad, Cheap Iphone, tablets, radia, cameras), clothes(jeans and T-shirt), everyday toys, etc.

To me China today is nothing much different from what I am use to in the U.S. Maybe if we go into the art and music category, it may be different.
I am an Asian American. I came to Chinadaily forum hoping to share my experience, knowledge, and my point of view. And in return I want to get the same in return from friends from around the world.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-14 02:31:41 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.