Author: timbatu

Two Videos of China for Americans and Australians   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-7-18 22:08:38 |Display all floors
timbatu Post time: 2012-7-18 21:32
Chinese are the most tolerant. Look at how many Chinese girls open up to Western Christian males.  ...

The women, yes, but the men, like yourself.... NO.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-18 23:25:22 |Display all floors
timbatu Post time: 2012-7-18 21:32
Chinese are the most tolerant. Look at how many Chinese girls open up to Western Christian males.  ...

Really?  I read something not too long ago about a mother who had a child who was half-black in china.

They faced more discrimination than I ever did.

It was really shocking to hear the comments leveled at the mother and girl.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-19 02:22:36 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2012-7-18 23:25
Really?  I read something not too long ago about a mother who had a child who was half-black in ch ...

JFenix, can you tell me where the black father is?

The fat guy loved by the Sinophobic West.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-19 03:34:01 |Display all floors
MisterPanda Post time: 2012-7-19 02:47
It's a famous story in China. A woman cheated her husband with a black man, allegedly from the USA ...

Right - I saw some of the comments coming from chinese.   How timbatu can say they are more open toward minorities is insane.

They certainly don't seem that open to mixing.  More like the US 40 years ago.

Today, no one gives a damn.  It's everywhere....including our president and many celebrities.

The french, from what I learned, were a hundred years ahead of the US when it came to accepting blacks.  Something to be proud of for sure.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-19 07:54:09 |Display all floors
This post was edited by timbatu at 2012-7-19 08:02
JFenix Post time: 2012-7-19 03:34
Right - I saw some of the comments coming from chinese.   How timbatu can say they are more open t ...

JFenix,

Maybe Chinese people resent such Americans who come to China, leave a child and go back to the USA without any father's responsibility.

Besides, your rosy picture of the US simply does not stand. Inter-racial couples are continuously harassed in the US. Not long ago, a Kentucky church voted to ban inter-racial couples. Do you remember my thread? How dare you claim: "no one gives a damn". JFenix, you are factually wrong.

JFenix, if people like you are more tolerant to constructive criticism, the US might have become a better place. JFenix has refused to discuss the data showing the US black household has only 1/22 (one twenty-second) the value of US white household. It is factually observed that people like JFenix have a fundamentally distorted picture of the US. Sadly, people like JFenix go out of their way to severely punish any minorities who dare to speak up against the US social inequality and racism.

JFenix, I advise you to be more open to different views because yours are clearly wrong at times. If you are very angry, you need to seek professional help. Right now, all your anger goes into your punishment against minorities who dare to speak up against the profound US racism and inequality.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-19 07:55:25 |Display all floors
Church voted to ban interracial couples - racist USA series

http://bbs.chinadaily.com.cn/thread-721063-1-1.html

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-19 11:11:17 |Display all floors
timbatu Post time: 2012-7-19 07:54
JFenix,

Maybe Chinese people resent such Americans who come to China, leave a child and go back to ...

You're obviously not familiar with the case.  Its actually on par with the racist rednecks I've encountered here.  The whole 'you're a w## because you betrayed your race'.  That type of derogatory comments.

And again you ignore the fact that I have had more inter-racial relationships than not.  And many others in my family are inter-racial couples.

I can speak on this.  It has improved significantly in my lifetime especially in the cities.  Rural areas will always have more racism or suspicion of foreigners.  But this is common pretty much everywhere don't you think?

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.