Post time 2012-1-7 05:43:50 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
   NEVER AGAIN  !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-7 05:44:38 |Display all floors
This post was edited by safaribehn at 2012-1-6 22:46
saltandpepper Post time: 2012-1-6 22:37
What other additional offenses ?

Those people were only exercizing their different opinion and  ...

Additional offense numero 1:

Arson - A very serious form of vandalism that can put the lives and livelihood of others in serious jeopardy.

Additional offense numero 2:

Looting - A crime which is illegal on even the best of days.

Neither of those aforementioned activities communicates any form of opinion.
Make the latte taste like fiiissshh!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-7 05:54:13 |Display all floors
   NEVER AGAIN  !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-7 05:59:18 |Display all floors

RE: China opposes interference in name of human rights

saltandpepper Post time: 2012-1-7 03:43
This sacred duties is now rigorously being fullfilled by this great CPC by the evidence.
And it ...

Let's not be blinded by false and biased allegiance. If you are not up to calling a spade a spade, then you cannot defend the good name of the CPC. Like any entity, the CPC is far from perfect. Of course, it has its fair share of past and present achievements and that is giving credit to where credit is due. However, there are weaknesses within the Party and that brings Hu Jintao to openingly make a statement such as this:

Quotable quotes from Hu Jintao's speech on CPC's 90th founding anniversary
English.news.cn   2011-07-01 14:20:51

-- The whole Party is confronted with growing danger of lacking in drive, incompetence, divorce from the people, lacking in initiative, and corruption.

-- It has thus become even more important and urgent than ever before for the Party to police itself and impose strict discipline on its members.

-- The Party is soberly aware of the gravity and danger of corruption.

-- If not effectively curbed, corruption will cost the Party the trust and support of the people.

Note: And that is being brave and honest!

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-7 06:07:25 |Display all floors
   NEVER AGAIN  !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-7 06:12:44 |Display all floors

RE: China opposes interference in name of human rights

saltandpepper Post time: 2012-1-7 03:43
This sacred duties is now rigorously being fullfilled by this great CPC by the evidence.
And it ...
....if this greatest leadership of hers is not being badgered because of their imperfection.

Don't get confused. Constructive critism is not badgering and no system is perfect by any means!

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-7 06:30:50 |Display all floors
This post was edited by safaribehn at 2012-1-7 00:04
SMITHI Post time: 2012-1-6 22:40
You must a be joking now?
You talking about west and human rights?
You talking about west and human rights?

Yes indeed. We do quite well as far as civic rule goes on our own turf as of yet, at least in the part I live in, what happens tomorrow I couldn't say, I'm no prophet. Things might be changing in the EU and USA though, with their economic troubles and the "war on terror" hysteria still going strong, and one must never forget Guantanamo Bay. The Human Rights are often used as a pretext for war in this context, that is true. But it is also true that the countries we have invaded and/or wanted to invade or infuse regime change in in recent years, have coincidentally also had poor records on the matter, i.e the Taliban, Iran etc. If either of these countries had actually troubled themselves to beat us with their internal Human Rights acheivements, we wouldn't be able to use it as an excuse anymore, and the anglos would for once have to say what they really want, which for the average voter would probably be completely unacceptable to support. If Human Rights violations were all there was to it, then there are, and have been, plenty of other weaker viable contenders out there, who never received half as much attention that Iraq, Iran and North Korea have received, so I understand your anger. But please, Human Rights themselves are a beautiful and necessary thing.

When we however are misled into war for the sake of Human Rights, small folks back home feel a bit powerless to stop it once the current government have set the war machinery in motion, and that's a shame. But you aren't thrown in jail when you voice this disagreement, expose their lies or work for the change in regime. If you by chance happens to burn down a random bakery or rob a store for peace however, you might get persecuted for that. And the wars themselves haven't so far adversely affected  how the Human Rights are being mostly respected back home by the legal systems. Of course I don't have details on every country. I'm sure you can dig up something shameful for me to muse upon...  We're at a turning point now, but life in the West is still pretty good and just, for us westerners at least...
Make the latte taste like fiiissshh!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.