Views: 7253|Replies: 46

Online Railway Ticket Booking Brings Difficulties to Migrant Workers   [Copy link] 中文

Gold Medal September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-1-5 18:14:06 |Display all floors
This post was edited by 468259058 at 2012-1-5 22:35

Huang Qinghong, a migrant worker, whose hometown is Chongqing, in Wenzhou, complained in a letter to the Ministry of Railways that the newly launched online railway ticket booking system made it more difficult for him to get a ticket, Wenzhou Metro reported.

The real-name online railway ticket booking service was launched by the Ministry of Railways on Dec 21 in an effort to curb rampant ticket scalping and ease the burden of buying train tickets during Spring Festival.

The migrant workers are not familiar with the Internet, let alone the procedures for online purchasing.

As the online booking system opens two days before the ticket windows at stations, tickets left for ticket windows at stations after online purchases are very limited.

"Online booking is too complicated for us. We have no idea how to do it. Queuing for tickets during Spring Festival used to be torture for us, but now we don't even have the chance to join the torture," Huang wrote in his letter.

Author: Sun Yuanqing
Chinadaily.com
our life is full of sunshine

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-5 18:21:31 |Display all floors
This post was edited by 468259058 at 2012-1-5 18:24

1.jpg

pic source: Peopledaily.com
http://politics.people.com.cn/GB/14562/16796896.html

A letter from a Migrant Worker to Leaders in Ministry of Railway of Central government

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-5 18:22:03 |Display all floors
This post was edited by 468259058 at 2012-1-5 18:22

Leaders of Ministry of Railway of Central government:

I'm Huang Qinghong, 37 years old, from Pengshui, Chongqing (province), worked in Wenzhou, Zhejiang province, more than decades. I only saw you in TV program. I think I would never have the qualification to meet you in this round of my life, but I still have many complaints, so, I wrote a letter, and I don't know where I could send. Later I thought of the media. I gave this letter to a journalist of newspaper.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-5 18:27:39 |Display all floors
What a nightmare for these folks.

Some things are simply not ready for 100% automation yet, but still requiring the human interactions and services.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-5 18:28:59 |Display all floors
It's the 4th time that I came to the railway station. I want to try my luck again. However, no ticket yet. Every time, workers in ticket windows told me that online booking system is several days earlier than ticket windows. Once the tickets were released, the tickets would be bought up online. Few of tickets left for ticket windows.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-5 19:09:09 |Display all floors
I know that the original idea of Ministry of Railway was to hope people not crowding around the ticket at stations. So, this online booking system was decided. However, the line in front of ticket windows is really short. Your pressure is relieved. You can go back home to have dinner early. In the past, we, migrant workers, still had a few of hopes when we stood in lines 24 hours. But, now, we have none of hopes. More thinking, More madding. More thinking, More mading. I want to **** the ---- Ministry of Railway.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-5 22:29:16 |Display all floors
All of more than 40 co-workers don't know how to use the computer. The boss tried to help us buying tickets through online booking system, but failed after many tries. The boss said, we need one so called unionpay (网银) even ticket available on the internet. We are the migrant workers, not the white-collar workers. We never know what it is.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.