Views: 28268|Replies: 80

WEST SCRAMBLING TO DIVIDE CHINA: Hu   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-1-3 18:01:34 |Display all floors
West scrambling to divide China: Hu
Tue Jan 3, 2012

Chinese President Hu Jintao
Chinese President Hu Jintao has warned against efforts by the Western countries to “westernize and divide” China through “cultural warfare.”

"Hostile international powers are strengthening their efforts to westernize and divide us," Hu said in an article published on the latest edition of the ruling Communist Party's magazine on Monday.

President Hu urged China's Communist Party to meet the "growing spiritual and cultural demands of the people" in a bid to fight the "hostile international powers."

"We must be aware of the seriousness and complexity of the struggles and take powerful measures to prevent and deal with them," the Chinese leader warned.

He also accused the West of using its international culture to target China's "ideological and cultural fields.”

Hu's warning comes as Western cultural events such as the Valentine's Day are growing in popularity among the Chinese.

In an effort to counter the Western media propaganda, China has allocated a 45-billion-yuan (£4 billion) budget to expand its overseas media, including the US and UK edition of the state-run China Daily, the state news agency Xinhua and China Central Television's (CCTV).

Diane Abbot (British MP): Anglos love playing divide and rule
David Cameron (British PM): Anglos caused most of the world's problems!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-3 18:20:28 |Display all floors
This is coming from the president?

Wow.

I just don't get where the fear is.

And I definitely do disagree with the notion of 'western' thought or 'eastern' thought.

We're all people here, so any 'thoughts' do not need to be divided in this way.

Why limit yourself?

I've gained a lot learning about 'eastern' philosophies.

And I certainly don't view it as something traitorous or a threat to my identity.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-3 18:26:41 |Display all floors
You can't stop the power of globalization.

And I don't know why anyone would want to.

This is our big chance to come together as a population.

Forget the governments and their agendas.

For the first time in history, we, the people,  can talk to each other from across the globe.

We can share culture and ideas like at no other time.

This is how we grow as humans.

Forget this east-west crap.  

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-3 19:27:36 |Display all floors
So do you think Hu really believes what he is saying or is he speaking to fears of the chinese people and looking for popularity points?

What gives?

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-3 20:38:31 |Display all floors
This post was edited by weathers at 2012-1-3 20:55

As a matter of fact, during the globalization, we must absorb other nations' essence while discard their dross.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-3 21:24:42 |Display all floors
This post was edited by aa@edward at 2012-1-3 21:26

The western world has seen the greatest lie of all times. What is a Valentine Day or what is a Halloween Day celebration? It is merely about commercial business gimmicks!!

Repeating: Believe or not to believe:
Am in total agreement with Mr Zhu's assertion to BAN religious obedience of all CPC members because China or CPC always does have its own national ideology and most importantly, the following captions do carry weight in his insistence:

1.  Religions have more than double faces when these faiths come to knock against each other; and whose side would CPC take to oversee such religious malaises or mudslinging, if therein consists of CPC Christians, CPC Catholics, CPC Taoists, CPC Buddhists, CPC Muslims, CPC Hindus, CPC ... ... ... .?

2.  Yes, all these centuries of troubles throughout the world were seen the causes of religious fights for supremacy of one's god; but yet none has ever seen a real god in effect other than illusions or wishes to see one in their life time.

3. If the faithfuls do believe there have been gods to govern their livesand livings, then none should have ever raped, conquered and destroyed anotherin the most brutal ways we have heard of, read about and witnessed in ourliving souls other than those sacrificed or dead ones.

4. China is a democracy that beholds its own ideology whether modified orimproved upon Marxist but the main aim is that China is galloping like ridingon a chariot with powerful horse_powers now in New China. It cannot afford toallow religions to divide the mental attentions within CPC for there are morethan 1.5 billion Chinese living mouths to feed and care for into a bizarre eraof new conflicts and wars which is already a humongous task; hence why be moretroubled by religious conflicts. CPC needs only to soothe the beliefs of faithsof its population or the faithfuls of religious subjects; and to allow them toobey their own faiths without prosecution except when such religious fightsspill over to cause a disruption to social orders of the country.

5. Foreign religious missionaries arenot gods nor messengers of gods if they can’t even talk or see their“Almighty(s)” at all; but many have been known to promote divisions amongpeople, the weaker folks in troubles are gullible ones and are messier onestoo. Who would you side? So, it is unwise to allow CPC members to tag on religions in their backgroundswhilst the country is needing CPC members to carry on the jobs of feedingbillion of them all just inside China alone.

6. Religious wars are still beingfought and faithfuls have been had in many awesome ways!  

What's on your mind...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-3 21:29:08 |Display all floors
What I think is the strength of our culture is the fact that we have added so many things from various cultures.

I can eat whatever food I like without feeling like a traitor.

I can fill my house with whatever decor I wish without being accused of being a sell out.

I have a buddha statue in my garden in front of my house.

No one has ever accused me of being corrupted by the east.

I am happy I can enjoy things from other cultures and it not be seen as a threat.

We should all share.  The more we realize we are all more alike than different the better.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.