Views: 5705|Replies: 19

North Korea Restores Order to Kim Funeral With Photoshop   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-12-30 11:08:49 |Display all floors

The funeral procession for Kim Jong-Il was carried out with military precision and when a handful of dawdlers messed up those regimented lines, they were eliminated. From the photo, that is.

A photo released by the North Korea's state news agency and transmitted by the Germany-based European Pressphoto Agency is slightly different from a photo taken at nearly the identical moment and released by Japanese agency Kyodo News.

The Japanese picture captured a half-dozen men near a camera on a tripod lingering behind the line of mourners on the left side of the boulevard as the motorcade passed by.

In the photo by the North Korean Central News Agency, those men, their camera and their footprints have been digitally removed, restoring absolute order to the crowds lining the boulevard as the cortege passed by.

The alterations were discovered by the New York Times with the help of digital forensics expert Hany Farid of Dartmouth College.

The European Pressphoto Agency, which distributed the doctored North Korea photo, issued a "mandatory kill" for its clients, meaning they were not to use the picture.

The agency granted an exception to ABC News "for the sole purpose of being able to show and explain what had been altered before the picture was provided to international news agencies by KCNA [North Korean Central News Agency]. We consider this as part of a transparent and responsible clarification process."

A European Pressphoto Agency spokeswoman told ABC News, "Any kind of digital manipulation violates EPA's code of ethics."

ap_kim_jong_funeral_jp_111229_wmain.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-31 04:45:30 |Display all floors
Poor bastards. I wish them luck with the prodigious son. I'm sure he's not megalomaniac at all and totally made of awesome.
Make the latte taste like fiiissshh!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-31 20:44:38 |Display all floors
I saw many crying but no tears.
9/11 was an outside job

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-31 21:57:09 |Display all floors
PopularStar Post time: 2011-12-31 22:44
I saw many crying but no tears.

They were dreadful actors, all several million of them.
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-31 22:00:21 |Display all floors
emucentral Post time: 2011-12-31 21:57
They were dreadful actors, all several million of them.

That guy truly have a sense of humour. Even in death he did not fail to amuse. I kinda think he's cute.
9/11 was an outside job

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-1 05:45:08 |Display all floors
well, I don't get the hype over it, so what they removed 5 people, no big conspiracy here, they left the stragglers at the bottom, or maybe they just moved into view for that shot, it is after the other one. no big deal.
I'm a little bit wrong and your a little bit right.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-28 17:16:51 |Display all floors
to hell with North Korea, North korea should burn with napalm

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.