- Registration time
- Last login
- Online time
- 17 Hour
- Reading permission
- Name：Beijing Happy Valley
- Star Rating：
- Address：XiaoWuji Beilu, Dongsihuan, Chaoyang District.
- Transportation:Bus 674，680，687 to Huaqiaocheng Stop;740,840,29,822,713 to Hongyanqiao stop;Subway Line10 to Jingsong and take a taxi for 5 minutes.
Happy Valley is the capital's answer to Disneyland. Divided into six themed regions (Wild Fjord, A Greek Village-Atlantis, Aegean Harbor, a Mayan temple, the Tibetan Shangri-La and an Ant Kingdom), Happy Valley's 120 attractions aren't just a series of daredevil rides, although there are these available for the eager thrill seeker. Beijing's newest amusement park also offers exhibits, sculptures, performances and an IMAX theatre.
Among the scream-inducing rides on offer are:
• “The Crystal Wing" (Shui Jing Shen Yi, Chinese:水晶神翼), Asian's only flying roller coaster and the single most expensive amusement attraction to be found in China. The stunning coaster is built by Swiss manufacturer Bolliger & Mabillard (B&M) with the same design and layout as the three Superman rides in the United States.
• Titan Truck's Apollo Wheel (Tai Yang Shen Che, Chinese:太阳神车) , the largest Asian Pendulum;
• ‘Golden Wings in Snowfield’ (Xue Yu JIn Chi, Chinese:雪域金翅), in which riders sit with legs dangling, is a short burst of adrenaline;
• “Twin Tower Heroes” (Tian Di Shuang Xiong, Chinese:天地双雄) in which riders fall at 45 mph (72 km/h) in a terrifying simulated plunge to earth, is heart-stopping.
• “Trojan Horse” (Te Luo Yi Mu Ma, Chinese: 特洛伊木马) where visitors are spun within a large wooden horse. There’s decent stuff for kids, too, especially in the Ant Kingdom, with cute rides such as ‘Jumping Frog’ and ‘Bug’s Party’, as well as games and arts and crafts. Of course, it wouldn’t be a Chinese theme park without surreal elements, and the daily ‘Parade of Insects Carnival’ in Ant Kingdom delivers, with giant dancing ants and chickens, ice queens and incongruous cosplay characters prancing around with tennis racquets.
The biggest complaint is queuing times – at 3pm on a Sunday, there’s an hour-long queue for ‘Crystal Wing’, so it’s a good idea to get there early.
The Crystal Wing
Titan Truck's Apollo Wheel