Views: 6879|Replies: 8

China's new 500kph super-speed train: "Can do" frontier technology [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-12-26 20:59:43 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Writer's real name is Lau Guan Kim.  lau_guan_kim is for commentary and analysis. He writes also under another alter ego jinseng. I will respond to good reasoned debate. Mudslingers shall be ignored. What I do not like are ignorance, stupidity, chauvinism and bigotry. The other party has as much right as I have until it resorts to insults and nuisance.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-26 22:24:27 |Display all floors
Courtesy of Xinhua
http://www.china.org.cn/china/2011-12/26/content_24250106.htm
China Launch Super high-speed train (500Km/h Tsingdao Dec 22, 2011 )
Body made of light   carbon fibre plastics material

http://www.tiptoptens.com/2011/0 ... rains-in-the-world/
Top 10 high speed train in the world

Congrats  CSR !  to your  leapfrog cutting edged technology.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-27 22:37:14 |Display all floors
Ever wonder why china leaders are obsessed with building the greatest, tallest, fastest, biggest, blah, blah.......and neglecting the safety of the public ? This is the western capitalist disease mentality which have inflicted all the asia countries who tries to catch up with the industrialised westerner. It is a greed driven capitalist society, induced by christian leaders, that will eventually destroy the earth many times over, and give no future to new born generations.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-27 22:54:12 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-14 22:32:07 |Display all floors
China top priorities is not building more high speed trains. The number one priorities of economic development for China is to build urban rail transit such as Singapore Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) in all china cities that are over 3 million. Then build affordable and cheap housing in these cities for the people who will move from countryside to stay there permanently. The cheap and affordable housing system should be copied from Singapore government design and build apartments.

China have more than 10 leaders who are 2 times smarter than LKY. There are at least 100 chinese leaders who are as brainy as LKY. Therefore it is not a problem at all for China to copy the very successful Singapore MRT system and public housing policy.

Below are pictures of Singapore MRT system linking the Singapore government build public housing estate. They are the best in the world. Even Japan don't have such well designed integrated MRT and public housing system.

queenstown01sg.jpg

cck01sg.jpg

bedok01sg.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-14 22:47:28 |Display all floors
@Platozy: Good call! If it takes me 2 hours to get to the railway station to fetch a train that is nearly as fast as an airplane, I still didn't save time - I'd rather have good trains in the city, get to the airport in 20 minutes and catch an airplane that takes me to another city, even if it is a little more expensive. With raising incomes, people will more and more prefer taking save and fast airplanes over trains that are sometimes dangerous, unreliable and slower.

More over, most journeys aren't taking place inbetween cities - most are actually inside the same city. So better make those journeys quicker and more convenient.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-14 23:35:47 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.