Author: cindy1225

Stop worshiping foreign brands   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-12-24 12:20:17 |Display all floors
aaooq Post time: 2011-12-24 11:31
Are you an industry insider?  if not, please keep quiet!!!

whatever labeled or OEM products are n ...

Support of the home-made brands should start with the officials who are supposed to be models to the Chinese people. This is their responsability to buy Chinese luxury cars, clothes, yachts, watches and private jets first.
Till know, the only expensive home-made brands they consume are brands of Baiiiu....
"Let her sleep, for when she wakes, she will shake the world." [Napoleon Bonaparte about China]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-24 20:06:07 |Display all floors
This post was edited by aa@edward at 2011-12-26 23:35

OMG... ... talking about the devils .... , here comes one more  ....
  1. Mead Johnson sought to assure the safety of its products in China yesterday in the wake of Enfamil powdered baby formula being removed by Wal-Mart from more than 3,000 of its stores in the US.  This followed the death of a 10-day-old baby after being infected with cronobacter, a rare bacteria that could have been contracted through drinking tainted milk.   ref..People's daily news ..
Copy code
Japanese Meiji Milk also found contaminated in HK, and now US FDA missed an ugly bug. "Stop worshipping foreign brands" is appearing to make good senses after all .... !! Such are being sold online in China by individuals.  A silent attempt to kill Chinese brains slowly but surely?
What's on your mind...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-25 00:00:29 |Display all floors
whats risky is ebay. take a look at paypalsucks.com to see all the testimony from the people ripped off by paypal. other western websites are similar. with ebay, you dont even need others to steal your account coz ebay will help themselves to your account

I don't care what some guys on the internet write. I got my credit card from a Swiss bank that developed an additional security mechanism to prevent having the credit card charged and I am legally better off if I didn't pay the money yet and just have to refute a claim.
However, on my Taobao account, some money was stolen due to a security leakage (although it was a small amount) and I know that money won't come back.

Anyway, I hardly ever use eBay because I don't wanna mess with their distribution infrastructure (Taobao is definitely better here).
IMHO, both providers are insufficient for my needs, which is why I prefer using normal online shops or just go shopping in the city.

@Seneca: There are indeed Chinese prodcuts that are much better than their foreign competitors. One example would be green tea, another one huoguo soup (foreign brans are really much worse here) and the BYD LiFe battery technology brings batteries that age slower, are much cheaper and only have a slightly smaller energy density than foreign competitors - a major advantage!
Another example I found were guitars. I bought a Chinese guitar which is really crafted well and of good quality for a much, much lower price than I'd pay for a European brand.

So you see, there are a few jewels among Chinese products and I wouldn't just claim that Chinese products never match western standards.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-27 13:40:24 |Display all floors
  1. A batch of milk produced by Mengniu Group has tested to have excessive aflatoxin, a cancer-causing substance, over the weekend. (Provided to China Daily)
Copy code
Repeating herein: That is, your loss is their gain!

Questions:
Why do Chinese worship foreign brands or goods in China? Unless the Chinese made products such as foodstuffs, diaries and drinks come clean immediately, there will be a huge surge for foreign goods in China.

Why couldn't those local Chinese producers / manufacturers smarten up quickly with the best auto-analysis systems to check on quality, obviously they are not poor chaps? Those guys cannot rely on human hands and eyes in such a delicate dairy processing system. (* Quite obvious too that bosses could spend on a string of modern flashy cars and luxurious houses in China and abroad; but would be too stingy to spend more to equip their factories. *)

Perhaps, the governments have been too slack on them or with shadowy high officials behind them, so all could "skim over the top of the creamy foams" while the ordinary consumers may suffer the consequences of the ordeals. What can be done to better the system in China while it is just as well too irritating to blame the cow, if not the cow_guys?
What's on your mind...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-27 15:28:54 |Display all floors
Just buy what you want if you can afford~~
Heavens bless you & me!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-28 21:10:50 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-23 23:51:25 |Display all floors
Good advice.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.