4.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2011-12-15 10:01:58 |Display all floors
After seeing these photos rural China doesn't seem to bad after all
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-15 19:50:17 |Display all floors
These guys are anywhere.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-16 02:28:05 |Display all floors
After seeing these photos rural China doesn't seem to bad after all

You've never been to Chinese countryside, have you?
I mean, true, this guy is messy and treats his children in a weird way, but besides he doesn't actually seem to live a hard life.

On Chinese countryside, living quality is much lower - you usually have a toilet that leads in the back yard, you don't have a heat (esp. in south) and quite low quality furniture, most people don't have a car, you often can't go to swim in nearby rivers or lakes because they are polluted, the food quality is miserable (often causing sicknesses) and so on...

However, life is what you make out of it. I often go to spend my holidays on Chinese countryside because it's quiet. There's no better place to think about the world, read books or write a computer program (if they have electricity, which is often the case). So I wouldn't say that farmers live exactly a hard life and I wouldn't mind living a farmer's life in China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-16 03:07:26 |Display all floors
Everynowhere Post time: 2011-12-15 10:28
You've never been to Chinese countryside, have you?
I mean, true, this guy is messy and treats his ...

I have seen the Chinese countryside.
I took a public bus through the countryside and at one stop a woman took 15 minutes
to chat with the bus driver before loading a bunch of small trees into the aisle of the bus.
I saw what you described. We still have similar conditions in parts of Appalachia and other
part of the US. But in the US most of the people in these conditions struggling with
drug abuse or alcoholism. At least China doesn't have nearly as bad a drug abuse problem
as we do in the US. This guy is on probation and is still snorting drugs.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-16 10:37:55 |Display all floors
Before they live in such a weird way, they should think about the children..

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-16 10:42:04 |Display all floors
petertam Post time: 2011-12-15 18:37
Before they live in such a weird way, they should think about the children..

This thread is an excellent argument for birth control.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.