Author: Alex2010

Europe Shudders at Germany's New-Found Power   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-12-7 22:36:29 |Display all floors
Why? The problem always was that countries like greece got german interest rates and could run up a huge national debt. Greece can keep their inerest rates and Germany can take the losses it deserves for lending money so unwisely.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-8 00:59:36 |Display all floors
pantarhei Post time: 2011-12-7 22:36
Why? The problem always was that countries like greece got german interest rates and could run up a  ...

we should be talking about recoveries and 2012, not history.

Merkel is taking the world to recession,
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-8 02:47:28 |Display all floors
  1. makes sense to me, Germany itself is a good model.
Copy code
In a real economy maybe financially is a  Mercantilism  , I try to paraphrase  it with my broken English. So Germany run account balance surplus for a long time , in the Euro-zone therefore other member states run account balance deficit, let's see how . The Euro was made in 1999 and after that Germany's Unit labor cost decreased , whilst in southern member states it increased because indeed they lived above their means , however Germany's governments  pressure to it's labor union to increase wages only slowly and below production increase , that made German manufacturing very competitive , so Germany lived way below their means   that helped reduce unemployment etc. The southern states increased wages above production+inflation increase every year by 0,5 % whilst Germany increased wages below production+inflation that made the German industry competitive and created account balance surplus . And other member states run account balance deficit, now if a country has account balance deficit either the state or the private sector must have debt , and if only the private sector has that debt than in a long run they will go bankrupt.So if Germany continues it's policy than no matter how many Austerity measures will be implemented by other states the problem will gets worse .   

What if all Euro-zone member states follow German policy that means every country raises wages below inflation+production , well that cannot be, prices will go drop, and deflation will occur.
All in all Germany also helped to create the crisis now Germany have to do its part of the job, and increase wages in the private sector above inflation+productivity increase , and allow the ECB to print more money otherwise in southern States deflation will occur .

Germany is as just as responsible for the crisis as the Souther European countries, yes the lived above their means, but Germany lived way below their means that created imbalances and after the financial crisis that threatens Europe with recession.

So the problem is not only Southern European Countries  overspending, but Germany's underspending(only in private sector)   

In the real economy yes German factories are  producing very high quality products, competitive in the world market whilst the labor cost is above 50$ per hour on average.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-8 02:50:52 |Display all floors
This post was edited by LCSULLA at 2011-12-8 02:51
Alex2010 Post time: 2011-12-7 17:43
The very next day the French daily newspaper Libération ran an article under the headline "A Presid ...

您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-8 03:04:37 |Display all floors
attilaattila Post time: 2011-12-8 02:47
In a real economy maybe financially is a  Mercantilism  , I try to paraphrase  it with my broken Eng ...

Now, we have someone who is an intellectual and knows stuffs.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-8 03:09:31 |Display all floors
attilaattila Post time: 2011-12-8 02:47
In a real economy maybe financially is a  Mercantilism  , I try to paraphrase  it with my broken Eng ...

This is what unproductive Debitors actually think.

however Germany's governments  pressure to it's labor union to increase wages only slowly and below production increase , that made German manufacturing very competitive , so Germany lived way below their means   that helped reduce unemployment etc.

German Wages are solely negotiated between the employee and the employer side only,
there's not even any minimal wage.
And if any third party such as the Gouvernment tried in any way to interfere into this process,
they gonna get fricking huge trouble with both sides at once, whatever they may suggest.

This Tariff Autonomy Modell is indeed unique in the world,
as those wages are indeed a true market result.

Sorry if being the only one that efficent makes all the other unproductive so uncompetetive,
but I don't think Germany should give up it's competetiveness and regress to the mean just for the sake of letting the rest look too bad compared to it.

And least of all, as I just pointed out, does the german gouvernment have anything to do with it.

Your Argument is invalid, now go do some actual work and pay debts.
您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-8 03:24:32 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2011-12-8 03:04
Now, we have someone who is an intellectual and knows stuffs.

Check my post, Desaview.

The German Gouvernment has no hand in this.
The Competetiveness is a market result and it's so high compared to other countries because moron politicians in those lazy places can't keep their incompetent fingers out of the market processes.

German Gouvernment preassuring Un... preassuring what?!?!
Those are some of the most powerful Unious in the World for Fcuk's Sake!
You can't preassure them into anything, and certainly don't want to mess with them.

Aside from that, it was a Social Democrat Gouvenrment in Power at that time,
Why would they even want?

It's the other Countries that have to do something about their productivity!

A German Worker working max 35 hours per week and with the most days off per year of all, and those paid, earning as attilaattila said more than 50$ per hour earning more per hour than almost all other workers around the world is still more productive, or to say, cheaper for the same output, the work gotten done, than workers in other countries who don't even in a year as much as the german worker earns during his lunchtime -break coffee!

What you guys should really think about is what the hell is wrong with those workers elsewhere then.
您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.