Author: SMITHI

Mom Denied Food Stamps For Months, Shoots Own Kids [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-12-10 10:14:59 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2011-12-10 08:04

I've been poor for most of my life.  I was a single mother at 25 with 3 kids.

Agree.
I've done some volunteer job with left behind people when I was back in Spain and to say it clear, if you give them money, most goes to alcohol and drugs. The best way is to make sure the kids are attended, here is where I see the failure of the systems; they are slow to react to urgent cases. Now here we have two kids fighting for their lives when they could have been taken away from the mother earlier and sent to foster care.
Sometimes we are not aware how easy it is for an adult to ruin a kid's future!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-10 10:26:07 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2011-12-10 08:04

I've been poor for most of my life.  I was a single mother at 25 with 3 kids.

You are so wonderful almost miracle so to speak , is Rambo your ex husband by any chance?

Can't you get it dear , not everybody is fit to cope with stress of daily life and two kids on it's own without husband …...............we are different individuals , every person is unique.

This woman needed help , she was screaming for help and system failed her.

Foking paperwork could have been done by somebody in social services for her , for fok sake.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-10 13:46:02 |Display all floors
poor woman.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-10 16:25:09 |Display all floors

How can you feel sorry for this woman?   

She shot her kids.

As for the stress....parenthood IS stressful.

And when everyday its a struggle to make ends meet, the stress can be crushing.

I don't blame the state, I blame more the family.

Its the role of your extended family to step up when someone is in crisis.

The state isn't going to know someone is unstable unless they have been reported.

Some of the behavior I have seen from parents, single mothers is just inexcusable.

I've had kids left with me for days when I was just supposed to watch them for a night out.

When not coming home is the norm, I feel more for the kids rather than the mother.

I even had a neighbor that moved in with a boyfriend abandoning 2 kids, 1 in highschool, 1 in middle school.  They wandered over when the electricity got shut off.

Life is tough for sure, but you have to keep your children as a priority.

This woman failed her children.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-11 02:08:13 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2011-12-10 16:25

She shot her kids.

No she didn't , system killed her kids.

Rotten inhumane violent system that bread violence killed her kids  , system that allow guns , system that allow 1% having ride on 99%.......

system that spend trillions on military but doesn't provide food stumps for mom and kids in a same time............

System killed her kids , system created her , she is product of rotten unfair evil system.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-11 08:06:53 |Display all floors
In the 2010 fiscal year, $64.7 billion in food stamps were distributed, with an average monthly benefit per recipient in a household of $133.49.[2] As of June 2011, the number of Americans receiving food stamps was 45,183,931............

In same time military spend 200 times more , go figure.
war in Iraq cost about 5 trillion us dollars ...
Bailout of banks or so called corporate welfare cost 7 trillion us dollars...

no money my azz...................money is there but for killing and pillaging..............

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-11 19:10:16 |Display all floors
$64.7 billion in food stamps were distributed....

Proving it's not that hard to get qualified for food stamps.  There are certain parpers required such as birth certificates and social security numbers, proof of income.  

It's not THAT hard that one would have to shoot herself and her children.

Besides the state, churches have food banks and will give out food and necessities and you don't have to be a member of the church or believe in god to get it.

There are people living in the world going through much harsher conditions than a poor american ever encountered.  Let's put things in perspective.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.