Author: cindy1225

The final 12 hours of Chinese women on death row   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-7-6 08:33:39 |Display all floors
Murder is murder whether carried out by a criminal with reduced responsibility and reasoning or by the state. If it is the state which is doing the killing, I'd argue that it is even more barbaric than the murderer as the executioner is neither desperate, suffering diminished responsibility or momentarily enraged by events. There is no "right" when it comes to taking a life, even less when it is done coldly and blindly as a "job". How could an executioner go home at night and face his family and friends? Two wrongs don't make a right. Time to end the death sentence worldwide.

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-7-6 11:03:47 |Display all floors
Chegsyboy Post time: 2012-7-6 08:33
Murder is murder whether carried out by a criminal with reduced responsibility and reasoning or by t ...

And I believe that is the same and very debate which brings up ...........

50% for and 50% against  ...........

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-7-6 11:06:10 |Display all floors
Ratfink Post time: 2012-7-6 08:27
Exactly!

One only has to look at the mess in the Land of the Free where it's estimated that up to ...

Definitely .............

A prison should not be a holiday camp ..........

And it should also not be the dangerous place portrayed in some films and docos .........

Where the keep fit bruiser run their own little Mafia business  ...........      

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2012-7-6 11:18:18 |Display all floors
expatter Post time: 2012-7-6 11:06
Definitely .............

A prison should not be a holiday camp ..........

Tis a complex and very difficult topic, there are no easy answers that will please everyone. I'd rather err on the side of caution than see an innocent person killed.

I couldn't agree more on the bruisers running the place. Prison though does not exactly tend attract the brighter end of humanity, either as inmates or gaolers.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-6 11:32:04 |Display all floors
This post was edited by expatter at 2012-7-6 11:32
Ratfink Post time: 2012-7-6 11:18
Tis a complex and very difficult topic, there are no easy answers that will please everyone. I'd r ...

Yes indeedy ..........

Prisoners should at least work for their keep and they should be tiered to suit the type of inmate  ..........

The more violent then the more restricted .......

Until in reality the very worst should be 'put-down' like you would a dog  .........

As a humane process in ridding them from society ............

And themselves from themselves  .........

A good example would be inmate Bronson in the UK .........

Keeping him alive is a pointless exercise and is bad for all involved including him ..........   

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-6 12:01:08 |Display all floors
Ratfink Post time: 2012-7-6 11:18
Tis a complex and very difficult topic, there are no easy answers that will please everyone. I'd r ...

Oh ..........  !

Maybe we should date stamp this topic with 2012  ..........

Just in case people are not aware that what we are discussing is crime and punishment in the 21st century ...........      

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2012-7-6 13:19:44 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-7-6 11:49
I am glad we have this much in common.

I find it extremely disturbing that people can publicly b ...

Baying for blood is in part due to human nature, ultimately we are a pack animal whether we like it or not.

Public executions are the norm as you well know in most of Africa and in parts of Asia (Indonesia, North Korea, at various times in China). Watching someone get killed is never pleasant which is why most of the more civilised countries have stopped executing felons in public.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.