Author: cindy1225

The final 12 hours of Chinese women on death row   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-4-12 19:53:01 |Display all floors
travolta Post time: 2012-4-4 12:31
I know emotionally it’s a bit cruel, but law is just law, law is no respecter of persons. Those dru ...

Since I am atheist I don't believ in another life after this one, but should I believe in it and all that, I would wish them not a peaceful rest but the worst of the agonies for the rest of eternity!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-13 03:01:38 |Display all floors
Around 5.4 million deaths a year are caused by tobacco.
* Smoking is set to kill 6.5 million people in 2015 and 8.3 million humans in 2030, with the biggest rise in low-and middle-income countries.

* Every 6.5 seconds a current or former smoker dies, according to the World Health Organization (WHO).

* An estimated 1.3 billion people are smokers worldwide (WHO).

Over 443,000 Americans (over 18 percent of all deaths) die because of smoking each year. Secondhand smoke kills about 50,000 of them.
1.2 million people in China die because of smoking each year. That's 2,000 people a day.
Tobacco use will kill 1 billion people in the 21st century if current smoking trends continue.
33 percent to 50 percent of all smokers are killed by their habit.
* Smokers die on average 15 years sooner than nonsmokers.
Between 33 percent and 50 percent of all smokers will die an average of 15 years sooner than nonsmokers, the Tobacco Atlas from the World Lung Foundation and the American Cancer Society believes.
Around 100 million people died because of tobacco use in the 20th century.
10 years of life are robbed from smokers because they die 10 years earlier than nonsmokers. Smoking also steals 10 years of physical functioning in old age (making smokers act really old), according to Live Fast, Die Young, Leave a Good-Looking Corpse by David M. Burns, MD (Archives of Internal Medicine).
Smoking causes more death and disability than any single disease (World Health Organization).
A "death clock" now follows the tobacco use death toll since October 1999, just under 40 million and counting. It was set up by the World Health Organization in October 2008.
650,000 Europeans die each year from tobacco-related diseases, EU figures reveal.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-13 03:03:57 |Display all floors
I am not ignoring the problem of drug trafficking.

But before executing people,

before picking up a stone to throw on other people,

we should look into the mirror first.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-13 12:18:05 |Display all floors
This post was edited by ztoa789 at 2012-4-13 12:28
I am not ignoring the problem of drug trafficking.

But before executing people,

before picking up a stone to throw on other people,

we should look into the mirror first.

Only fools think that death penalty is for revenge, it is a message to the potential criminals that they won't get away from the crime they commit.

Only fools think that death wouldn't stop crime. If death penalty cant stop crime, there would be no penalty on earth that can effectively stop crimes. Either you are a fool or you must be from another world or another big mouth.

and you ARE  ignoring the problem of drug trafficking, because you have no concrete suggestion on how to stop it,  just keep blah blah something that make you feel good about yourself.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-13 12:30:24 |Display all floors
Around 5.4 million deaths a year are caused by tobacco.

This is stupid logic.

Those smokers hurt themselves, not other people.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-13 14:01:45 |Display all floors
Death Penalty is pure revenge !!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-29 18:57:12 |Display all floors
A good government does not need to kill !

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.