Author: voice_cd

Say no to indifference and relay our love to others [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-10-27 05:10:40 |Display all floors
Originally posted by ganzhuolin at 2011-10-27 05:06
Nice laudable sentiment but....

...isn't this putting the horse before the cart?

An excellent article that touches on the public's indifference is "Controversial verdict has damaged society" by Liu Shinan, CD, 2011-09-07. Liu describes why people don't help.

"In 2006, Peng Yu, a young resident of Nanjing, capital of Jiangsu province, helped an old woman who had fallen. She later accused him of causing her fall. The court decided in favor of the plaintiff, based on the reasoning that Peng would not have helped the woman up "if he had not had caused the fall"."

The verdict angered the public and this case was cited as a precedent whenever similar cases occurred, Liu goes on to say. Exactly!

Why should I help you when I know you might sue me and win because there is a precedent? Further what is to prevent someone from faking a fall and then suing the person who tries to help?

Liu goes on to suggest that incompetent judges be fired and that charges be laid against victims suing the good samaritan. Similar laws exist in other countries where a person can be charged for being a 'public nuisance'.

It seems to me that China Daily's energy would be better spent calling for this case to be struck from the books (if it is still there), incompetent judges fired, and laws instituted to prevent 'victims' from suing the 'good samaritan'.

This noteworthy cause of CD's sounds nice but will turn out to be just a fad and will disappear completely when the next case occurs where the 'victim' sues the 'good samaritan' and wins because a precedent has already been established....  

Explenation,
I am fullquoting you before you might get deleted as other good posts in this thread that disagreed with cd,
increasing the costs of being arbitrary pricks for them, in terms of time (few seconds just most likely) spend on being so.
您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-10-27 05:54:22 |Display all floors
Originally posted by ganzhuolin at 2011-10-27 05:06
An excellent article that touches on the public's indifference is "Controversial verdict has damaged society" by Liu Shinan, CD, 2011-09-07. Liu describes why people don't help.

"In 2006, Peng Yu, a young resident of Nanjing, capital of Jiangsu province, helped an old woman who had fallen. She later accused him of causing her fall. The court decided in favor of the plaintiff, based on the reasoning that Peng would not have helped the woman up "if he had not had caused the fall"."

Congratulation on the promotion of that court judge.

After that court judge helped that old woman, the court judge was appointed as an offical in Nanjing local government. Don't you know the son of that old woman is a high-rank police officier. Maybe a powerful "Li Gang" is in his family member. An official in Streel-level in Nanjing local government probably is "Fu-Chu" level or "Zheng-Ke" level. (Nanjing Local-government-level is a Fu provincial level. That is to say, the #1 scretary of Nanjing communist committee is powerful than #1 secretary of Nanchang, J-i-a-n-g-x-i province. Of course #1 secretary of Tianjin city  is powerful than #1 secretary of Nanjing communist committee.).

China is a clear classified society which guided by different visible laws and invisible laws.

[ Last edited by 468259058 at 2011-10-27 05:59 AM ]
our life is full of sunshine

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-27 06:00:49 |Display all floors
Originally posted by 468259058 at 2011-10-27 05:54

Congratulation on the promotion of that court judge.

After that court judge helped that old woman, the court judge was appointed as an offical in Nanjing local government. Don't you know the s ...

Guess why cd certainly will remain addressing the symptom rather than it's Cause.
Can only repost this:
Originally posted by ROSAT at 2011-10-23 23:59
Chinese Toddler etcetera

Posted by MyLaowai on Saturday, October 22, 2011

It's big news: little Wang Yue Yue, the "two-year-old girl in southern China, who was run over by two vans and ignored by 18 passers-by", has died. Every newspaper and television station in the world, it seems, has picked up the story. The thing is, most of them seem to have left a few points out of their analysis...

1. Yue Yue. This means "Happy Happy". What the hell kind of parents name their kid "Happy Happy"? Were they really that fcking short of ideas? Or did they just not give a sh1t what their kid was called as long as he/she/it could grow up and earn a pension for them? Seriously, how crap must parents be to name their loin-spawn "Happy Happy"? The mind boggles.

2. What was a two-year-old doing playing on the road? The road, where trucks and stuff go driving past. You know, where two-year-old kids could be, for example, run over. Did the parents just kind of not appreciate that two-year-olds and roads are not a brilliant combination? Huh?

3. Is there anyone in the world who believes for a single second that this doesn't happen every day in China? If so, you are a touch naive, my friend. This is how it works: Some baby / old geezer / id1ot [delete as appropriate] wanders out into a street / highway / service lane. Truck / car / taxi runs them over. Said vehicle usually drives off, with the driver not being aware of the fact the the bump in the road was made of meat because he, too, is a fuking retard like all his sht-for-brains c-untrymen, but on the off-chance that the driver does know what happened, said vehicle will stop, reverse over the now-much-easier-to-hit target in order to make sure of the job, before then driving off. After all, a dead person is cheaper to pay out for than an injured one if you are ever caught, which you won't be, because nobody actually gives a damn about anyone else. Home of civilisation my ar$e.

4. If "Happy Happy" had grown up, is there actually anyone who believes that she would have been any different? No. And why is that? Because she would have been a selfish, nasty, spiteful b1tch like every other person she is likely to have met. In twenty years, it could well have been her behind the wheel.

5. There is not a single fcking person in China who actually gives one single, solitary groat's worth of ---- about this. Don't mistake the "I've been shedding tears for this little angel for a week now" comments for actual truth. Even the parents, now that they know they will be well-compensated and can have a shot at a boy-child, are unlikely to care much. In fact, apart from some well-intentioned but foolish laowai, the only people in China who will even remember this in a week are the retards who were driving, but in two weeks they'll have been executed for their organs, which will leave no one. But hey, by then we'll have another story to distract the masses from their anti-government protests.

6. "Happy Happy"? I mean, really? Jesus that's fcuked. I'm still getting to grips with how fcktarded Chinese parents are. What the hell kind of a name is that? Really?

7. In other parts of the world, even stray dogs care more about each other than do Chinese for each other: YouTube video here
[h t t p : //  www. youtube. com /watch?v=-HJTG6RRN4E&feature=youtube_gdata_player]

8. Various newspapers are prattling on about how this incident has "sparked a wave of soul-searching on China's social networking sites". Bullsh1t. Chinese people have no soul, and if they did, they wouldn't be going to the trouble of searching it. If they had a soul, it would be small, dark, and slimy. It would smell of sulphur. I've never even heard of a Chinese actually giving a sh1t about anything that didn't happen to them personally. Soul searching? Who are you trying to kid?

9. Sorry if this sounds harsh, but sad as it may seem that some kid has died, at least now it won't breed another generation of the Enemy. Forget the One-Child Policy, what we need in this place is a No-Child Policy, rigorously enforced for, oh, about the next sixty years or so. A great many problems will then solve themselves, especially if you are Ui ghur or Teabetan or Vietnamese or Indian or... well, you get the point.

10. There is a lesson for all of us in this: Don't play with trucks.
10.1 Also,: Don't get injured in China.
10.2 And: Give your kid a name that isn't crap. Fu-ck man, "Happy Happy"? I mean, really?
您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-10-27 06:40:20 |Display all floors
Solution:

Not split high ranking Party members and government officials from our ordinary Chinese any more.

++++++++++++++
When you went to hospital, you wouldn't find special rooms and treatments for high ranking Party members and government officials.

When you went to farmland, you wouldn't find special farmlands for  high ranking Party members and government officials.

When you got government compulsory insurance, such as retirement fund, you wouldn't find several times of your monthly amount special for government employee.

When you went to a previous government-owned company and also a present private-owned company, you wouldn't find the boss was a family member of high ranking Party members and government officials.

So....Let our high ranking government officials and high ranking CPC members be models first, or at least go back inside the people, not being going down modes in moral guides any more.
our life is full of sunshine

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-27 06:41:08 |Display all floors
Originally posted by voice_cd at 2011-10-26 13:46
It is with great sadness that we acknowledge the passing of little Yue Yue We hope that she has found a peaceful and safe paradise wherever her soul may be, and send our condolences to her family.  ...

RIP little Yue.

lovely thread..........

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2011-10-27 08:50:57 |Display all floors
Originally posted by chinadaily at 2011-10-26 15:28
Say no to indifference, or you might be yueyue next time.

That's a bit strong!!!

Chao Ren VFP

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-27 09:11:00 |Display all floors
I konw  it's wrong to be indiffeent, when this case happened again,what shoud we do first for avoid injuring the person secondly!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.