Views: 9595|Replies: 110

Tibetan monk sets himself on fire [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2011-10-17 02:34:53 |Display all floors
A former Buddhist monk in western China set himself on fire to protest Chinese rule in Tibet (AP)
A former Buddhist monk has set himself on fire to protest Chinese rule in the region, a Tibet activist group said.

Free Tibet said the 19-year-old man set himself ablaze on Saturday in the town of Aba in western China that has been the site of a series of such protests.

The group said police put out the fire and the man's condition was unknown.

The group said the man was the eighth Tibetan protester to set himself on fire this year.

It said he shouted "Tibet needs freedom!" and called for the return of the exiled Tibetan spiritual leader, the Dalai Lama.

Chao Ren VFP

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2011-10-17 14:35:59 |Display all floors
I always find it amusing that activist groups announce the 'fire parade' even before a candle is lit. These folks have a good sense of prediction.

I wonder why they do not use their "prophecies" for better causes - prediction of earthquakes, for instance.
This could earn them a lot of money and - best of all - they wouldn't be dependant of foreign services for their cash-flow.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-17 18:30:42 |Display all floors
the tibetan monk has strong queen bee genes that tell him : bad things happen today so good things happen tomorow.

one day the monk will get smart and the same queen bee gene will tell him : bad things happen to your enemy today  so good things happen tomorow.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-17 18:42:16 |Display all floors
4 million Tibetan genes in a country with 1.3 billion Han genes.

Resistance is futile.

But the problem is That  1.3 billion Han genes  ( as well as 5.7 billion other genes around the world )  tell the Tibetan gene to maintain their genes for the tourists.

[ Last edited by Revolutionar at 2011-10-17 09:33 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2011-10-17 20:42:21 |Display all floors
# 4

The harsher the sdemonising of the D L by the neo-Maoists, the less Teabeddans believe the CPC. And the more take their lives.

Your inability to accept different opinions was clearly manifested above - AGAIN

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-17 20:59:15 |Display all floors

Reply #7 satsu_jin's post

the solution.

dont maintain and dont encourage the use of Tibetan genes as tourist attractions.

then the Tibetan genes have no choice but to be a Chinese gene. hahahahahahaha

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2011-10-17 21:17:21 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Revolutionar at 2011-10-17 21:59
the solution.

dont maintain and dont encourage the use of Tibetan genes as tourist attractions.

then the Tibetan genes have no choice but to be a Chinese gene. hahahahahahaha

It is evening and I'm a bit tired but I fail to understand what your message is. Maybe tomorrow I give it another chance.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.