Author: SMITHI

Why US ignore "Revolution in its own backyard"? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-10-26 22:17:46 |Display all floors

controlled dissent at its best

the u.s is definitely not ignoring the revolution in its backyard. they are sending alot of provacateurs and anarchists into the occupy movement. all of the steering committee, general assembly are u.s. govt agents. they got optor working hard within the movement, although many were recently booted out. this is precisely why no one from the revolution has made any real demands such as tax wall street 99%, and give the people real healthcare, retirement, and social programs.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-27 01:49:19 |Display all floors
Originally posted by hikinmike2 at 2011-10-25 21:13
The USA was a driving force behind the post-WW II trials of vanquished 'war criminals'.  One thing that came out of those experiences was the concept that an individual (even a sworn combatant) had ...

I like your post , balanced , informative and accurate if i may say.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-27 08:45:37 |Display all floors
i live in  usa   i can barley  find much  information about the protests  -_-

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-31 09:25:24 |Display all floors
I guess I'll correct a few assumptions made...

No smart person living in the US really trusts the media, especially what's on the TV. TV needs ratings, so the stories are usually kept under 60 seconds and are supposed to be "entertainment". When investigating international news, Americans frequently use multiple sources for academic or other research purposes. As an example, I just wrote a paper that used Al-Jazeera, Xinhua, SANA, and the NY Times. It was interesting but Xinhua was very close to the articles I read in the NYT. The other thing that seems to be misunderstood is that media outlets in the US do NOT agree with each other. If you watch FOX news, you probably won't see any occupy wall street protesters for more than 30 seconds, and all you'll see is some weird looking guy. If you watch MSNBC, you'll see a lot of coverage of the occupy wall street protesters.

Honestly, you don't even need media to cover them. The Occupy Wall Street protesters are out in the open... not in some distant box. If you live in a major city, you'll see them all the time, especially when you're in the financial districts.

The protesters aren't getting too much attention paid to them by most executives and, "people in power" because yes, the protesters aren't asking for anything tangible. The protesters are asking for things like, "ending corporate greed", but that's not something that people can do. The protesters aren't making uniform demands to the government or the media. For instance, the protesters could ask for more governance in corporate finance, or even asking for a new government altogether, but they aren't. The protesters are just saying, "We dislike _____", and everyone else is saying, "That's great, but what do you want us to do about it?"

Sure SMITHI, you might tell us what you'd like the people here to do, or what you think the Occupy Wall Street protesters want us to do, but the fact remains that the Occupy Wall Street protesters aren't telling us what they'd like us to do themselves.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-31 16:37:24 |Display all floors
Originally posted by hotchkiss at 2011-10-31 09:25
For instance, the protesters could ask for more governance in corporate finance, or even asking for a new government altogether, but they aren't. The protesters are just saying, "We dislike _____", and everyone else is saying, "That's great, but what do you want us to do about it?"

Sure SMITHI, you might tell us what you'd like the people here to do, or what you think the Occupy Wall Street protesters want us to do, but the fact remains that the Occupy Wall Street protesters aren't telling us what they'd like us to do themselves.
Hi hotchkiss
People should make sure no person with wealth or money get involved in OWS under any circumstances. There will be many double agents and provocateurs inside of OWS.
Than they should make vote online(elect leadership) there is variety of software means to do so.
Once elected this people could start working on a program and direct movement toward meaningful outcome.

Meaningful outcome is complete disconnection of money from power , New law that forbid lobbing in congress , Law that forbid donations to party by private enterprises , law that forbid donations higher than $100 per person...........

Once money and power are separated we can have democratic election , real thing in which people can elect president from ordinary working background or ordinary middle class not connected to 1%

this are just some ideas but surely Americans themselves could workout rest of program.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-31 19:33:28 |Display all floors
Originally posted by SMITHI at 2011-10-23 04:13

Follow the law?
Well Germans during ww2 just followed the law (German law at a time) , law at a time classified Jews,Slavs  and gypsies as subhumans.

Now if you are not allowed to protest aga ...

Um...I really don't think you can compare laws that are against blocking traffic to WWII nazi germany.

I'm for the protesters, but your point is a little lost on me.

It's not the laws they are protesting here.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-11-1 01:07:55 |Display all floors
Originally posted by SMITHI at 2011-10-31 16:37
this are just some ideas but surely Americans themselves could workout rest of program.

But they are not! This drives me crazy! It's like if someone came up to me on the street and said, "I like being happy! Everyone should be happier!" My reply would be, "Yes, I like to be happy too" but it is not going to change anything. The only goal the OWS protesters have explicitly stated is that they don't want to have any leaders. They have accomplished that!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.