Views: 4893|Replies: 19

Learn lessons from a tragedy - the case of Yao Jiaxin [Copy link] 中文

Gold Medal September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-8-15 11:50:59 |Display all floors
Why did a college student become a killer? The shocked people began to look into the types of reasons. The strong voice of avoiding a next tragedy forced us to steadily rethink.

What drove him, a young guy who seems like walking on a regular track, suddenly run far above the bottom line.

What type of personality and character is behind this crime? How did this personality and character grow along more than 20 years?

What lead him to ignore his life - escaping the unavoidable responsibility with a price of his life?

The rethinking shouldn't stop for our learning from the tragedy.

... to be continued.

[ Last edited by 468259058 at 2011-8-15 01:58 PM ]
our life is full of sunshine

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-15 12:03:16 |Display all floors
The intentional murder, Yao Jiaxin was sentenced to death in the final decision three months ago. It was written in the judgement - "The Crime has an extremely malicious intent, an extremely cruel method, an extremely vicious manner, and an extremely serious consequence. The offender is sentenced to death according the law!" In June 7, Yao Jiaxin was executed. Shortly thereafter, the victim, Zhang Miao, was buried. The verdict of Yao Jiaxin became the past, but the influence and the rethinking is far from the end.

A three-year college student, Yao Jiaxin, knocked down a woman, Zhang Miao, nine month ago while he was driving back home at night. He stabbed Zhang Miao to death with a fruit knife after he found that Zhang Miao tried to read his car number plate.

Yao Jiaxin, who accompanied by his parents, was surrender to the Police three days after the crime. He was sentenced to death penalty in May. Yao Jiaxin was executed after the Supreme Court had reviewed the decision in June 7.

Yao's father, Yao Qingwei, registered an account in microblog website after Yao had been executed. He said, Yao Jiaxin committed the unforgivable crime. We feel angry and sad about the crime. We are deeply sorry and ashamed for the hurt and the pain brought to victim and her families.

...to be continued.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-15 12:21:35 |Display all floors
A journalist of CCTV visited Yao' families in August 2, 2011.

The apartment of Yao's families is in the dorm building of Xi'an Huashan mechanic factory. The dorm building was built in 1990s. Yao's father said, they have lived there for about twenty years. After Yao's death, Yao's Mother, Duan Ruihua, leaves Yao's room as it was. She even hangs the bed nets as seasons changes.

Yao's Mother, Duan Ruihua: Before his death, he said, he hoped that we would visit World Garden Expo with his spectacles. That is to say, this spectacles is him.

The largest regret of Yao's mother is that - Yao Jiaxin had wished to eat a meal made by her before she hurried to send her son to surrender to the Police - she didn't agree. Another one is that she had no chance to ask the most important question.

Yao's Mother, Duan Ruihua: I was always waiting for the chance. I was always waiting.

The journalist of CCTV: What did you want to ask?

Yao's Mother, Duan Ruihua: I wanted to ask why he took a knife? Why did he do that? After you knocked down a person, you should call the Police. Why did you solve with a knife? I didn't understand.

The journalist of CCTV: Do you regret that you took Yao Jiaxin to surrender to the police?

Yao's Father, Yao Qingwei: I have never regretted about the surrender. I regretted about the hurry. I should communicate with him. It's an absolute regret. It's a regret of a life. I also wanted to ask why he did that.

The journalist of CCTV: Is it a pain for you, a father, with such a conclusion.

Yao's Father, Yao Qingwei: I - the reason and the death are not important for me - can't have another child any more. But my nephew and my other relatives can learn lessons from me. Yao Jiaxin will deserve the death penalty if my failure will alert them when they taught their children.

... to be continued.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-15 12:24:11 |Display all floors
A journalist of CCTV visited Yao' families in August 2, 2011.

The apartment of Yao's families is in the dorm building of Xi'an Huashan mechanic factory. The dorm building was built in 1990s. Yao's father said, they have lived there for about t-w-e-n-t-y years. After Yao's death, Yao's Mother, Duan Ruihua, leaves Yao's room as it was. She even hangs the bed nets as seasons changes.

Yao's Mother, Duan Ruihua: Before his death, he said, he hoped that we would visit World Garden Expo with his spectacles. That is to say, this spectacles is him.

The largest regret of Yao's mother is that - Yao Jiaxin had wished to eat a meal made by her before she hurried to send her son to surrender to the Police - she didn't agree. Another one is that she had no chance to ask the most important question.

Yao's Mother, Duan Ruihua: I was always waiting for the chance. I was always waiting.

The journalist of CCTV: What did you want to ask?

Yao's Mother, Duan Ruihua: I wanted to ask why he took a knife? Why did he do that? After you knocked down a person, you should call the Police. Why did you solve with a knife? I didn't understand.

The journalist of CCTV: Do you regret that you took Yao Jiaxin to surrender to the police?

Yao's Father, Yao Qingwei: I have never regretted about the surrender. I regretted about the hurry. I should communicate with him. It's an absolute regret. It's a regret of a life. I also wanted to ask why he did that.

The journalist of CCTV: Is it a pain for you, a father, with such a conclusion.

Yao's Father, Yao Qingwei: I - the reason and the death are not important for me - can't have another child any more. But my nephew and my other relatives can learn lessons from me. Yao Jiaxin will deserve the death penalty if my failure will alert them when they taught their children.

... to be continued.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-15 12:24:59 |Display all floors
Why is t-w-e-n-t-y a filtered word?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-15 13:52:09 |Display all floors
This post was edited by 468259058 at 2012-8-21 09:23

After Yao Jiaxin had been executed, his father, Yao Qingwei, wrote in microblog, I always taught my son too sternly. The kid didn't know how to handle after he committed a mistake. It led to the serious crime.

The journalist of CCTV: I read that you wrote, you had the indelible responsibility for Yao Jiaxin's transition from a good kid to a killer.

Yao's Father, Yao Qingwei: Yes. I kept on thinking but not dare to acknowledge. He said in the trial, I always, seems that I always demanded him to be perfection.

Yao Jiaxin (in the trial): As I grew up, all of my life was playing piano and school study. My mom always beat me and whipped me. Sometimes, my dad locked me in the basement after he knew that I hadn't got a high score. I could only wait in the basement except the meal time. I didn't have the hope. I lived under an extremely high pressure everyday. I often wanted to suicide.  

Yao's Mother, Duan Ruihua: We, the couple, couldn't sleep day after day for this accident. We rethought what mistakes we made and how much pressure we brought upon the kid. But I don't think we made mistakes. Is it wrong to strictly teach a kid? The kid did suffer many beats when he was playing piano. He often cried to play piano. He just grew up like that. It is not easy to study the art major. It is impossible without efforts.

In the eyes of Yao Jiaxin's parents, he is the most regular kid. He has a little indrawn and cowardly. But he always follows the rules. He grew up with his mother in childhood when his father wasn't in Xi'an.

Yao's Mother, Duan Ruihua: The dialect is "Ke Naole (cowardly)". He belong to that kind. He seemed to bear his own ideas. But if his dad demanded him to do like that, he never dared to question.

The journalist of CCTV: Did he (father) often communicate with your kid?

Yao's Mother, Duan Ruihua: He probably, intentionally or unintentionally, had a sense of strangeness facing before his dad. What's more, he has a sense of fear facing before the male.

Yao Jiaxin (in the trial): I always feel that my dad taught me sternly. My dad is a little sternly.

Yao's Mother, Duan Ruihua: Now, I think it was too strict, too stern, for a kid. Probably because he was scared after such a big accident happened. Because I often taught him in his childhood. Once he fought, when he went outside to play with other kids, he must be criticized after he went home.   

... to be continued.

[ Last edited by 468259058 at 2011-8-15 01:59 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-15 17:55:15 |Display all floors
A male classmate had ever demanded Yao Jiaxin to shoulder him, or to hand in 1 Yuan if not shoulder. When the teachers invited the parents to solve the problem, Yao Jiaoxin's father said, let Yao shoulder. He deeply regrets about the way while he is talking about this detail now. He regrets that he didn't teach the kid to realize the self-responsibility. He didn't teach the kid to handle independently. He didn't give the kid a relief. He, a father, didn't help the kid to bear the pains.

The journalist of CCTV: His classmates said that Yao had a serious internet addition in middle school and said that Yao had been locked in the basement.

Yao's Father, Yao Qingwei: He thought it was not right to surf the internet. But he said he always wanted. At last he failed after many methods had been tested. He can't help going to the internet bar. He asked me to lock him in the basement. And then he couldn't go there even he wanted. I didn't force him to do.

The journalist of CCTV: You thought that it was his own requirement.

Yao's Father, Yao Qingwei: Right. He raised the proposal. He agreed that.

The journalist of CCTV: Do you think there was a sense of grievance in his such kind of words?

Yao's Father, Yao Qingwei: He must have struggled in mind just as one has to struggle if one want to get rid of cigarette addition. He didn't communicate with me after this struggle. And we didn't know the process of struggle.

The journalist of CCTV: Did he communicate with you?

Yao's Father, Yao Qingwei: No.

In media reports, Yao Jiaxin had ever reiterated to his friends about the feeling of the darkness and the coldness in the basement during those more than one month. He said, he thought that he had kind of psychological distortion. But the parents of Yao Jiaxin didn't know that.

The journalist of CCTV: He had ever told his friend that he had kind of psychological distortion?

Yao's Mother, Duan Ruihua: I don't know what it meant.

The journalist of CCTV: Did he tell you that?

Yao's Mother, Duan Ruihua: No, Never.

... to be continued.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.