Author: 468259058

Learn lessons from a tragedy - the case of Yao Jiaxin [Copy link] 中文

Gold Medal September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-8-16 10:34:16 |Display all floors
After Yao Jiaxin was executed, the victim's father, Zhang Pingxuan, asked Yao's lawyer to tell Yao's parents not being hurt too much. He wanted to sit down with Yao's parents if there was a chance.  

The journalist of CCTV: Why did you want to transfer that words to them?

The Victim's Father, Zhang Pingxuan: No matter how to think, the mistakes committed by the kid is not committed by old people. I want to send my condolences to them. Let them be a little comfortable.

The journalist of CCTV: You are not comfortable too.

The Victim's Father, Zhang Pingxuan: I am not comfort too. All of us are not comfortable.

After Yao Jiaxin knew he would be executed, he left a wish. He want his parents to visit the victim's families. Later the couple visit Zhang Pingxuan with t-w-e--n-t-y thousand from debt.

The journalist of CCTV: Did he asked what happened to his mother (victim)?

The Victim's Father, Zhang Pingxuan: too little. He don't know. He was on two and a half years old.  

The journalist of CCTV: You are also a mother. what do you think of when you saw that child?

Yao's Mother, Duan Ruihua: The most unfortunate person is that little kid.

Yao's Father, Yao Qingwei: You could raise any suffers and difficulties caused by the crime of him (Yao Jiaxin). I will do what I could do to relieve.

That time Zhang Pingxuan accepted that money. Later he sent it back through the post office.

The journalist of CCTV: Here you, old people and little kid, need those money.

The Victim's Father, Zhang Pingxuan: People in rural area are easy to live. None would discriminate our begging or picking junks.

The journalist of CCTV: Looking at him (the victim's kid), you still can care about others.

The Victim's Father, Zhang Pingxuan: We came through this. We know it is not easy to raise a kid.

After Zhang Pingxuan sent back those money. Yao Qingwei wrote in microblog: we would deposit those t-w-e--n-t-y thousand Yuan for your kid and your parents; we would draw whenever they need in future; Please be comfortable, Zhang Miao (the victim); We would do our best to help your parents and your kid; May your soul rest in Heaven.

The journalist of CCTV: We thanks the two families openning their hearts with trauma . We found that Zhang's family still keep forgiving and kindness after innocent daughter died. Yao's families still go on redemption and rethinking after the son was executed.

...to be continued.
our life is full of sunshine

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-16 10:55:43 |Display all floors
Actually Yao Jiaxin is already an adult. He already has the completely civil capacity. The components which lead to his selfish manner and cruel criminal behaviour must be complicated. We couldn't find the whole answers from a family. But Yao's parents shoulder their unavoidable responsibilities - rethinking their son growing up. We found that his lack of communication with families and too much demands led to the defects in his personality and character. The lack of responsibility education led him to commit the huge mistake by failing to shoulder responsibility in disasters.

The case of Yao Jiaxin becomes the past. But all of these rethinking can enlighten many Chinese families. Just as what Yao Qingwei said, we must learn from the death, because there were bloody lessons.

the end.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-16 10:57:30 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2011-8-17 13:14:17 |Display all floors
Thank you for this translation, most enlightening.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-26 17:12:44 |Display all floors
yao father very very short eye.  son death

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-26 20:54:49 |Display all floors
Originally posted by MisterPanda at 2011-8-17 13:14
Thank you for this translation, most enlightening.

Thanks.

The article touched me a lot. So, I did the translation.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.