Author: 468259058

Learn lessons from a tragedy - the case of Yao Jiaxin [Copy link] 中文

Gold Medal September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-8-15 20:31:45 |Display all floors
After a class about law in middle school, Yao Jiaxin taking the book back told his father, his father suppressed him and ruled him. Later Yao Qingwei and his son skimmed through the book together. Yao Qingwei told his son that he, a guardian, of course should rule him, or he (son) would shoulder the responsibility after he (son) committed a mistake. The words is common in Chinese families. But through such kind of communication, an ignorant juvenile was hardly to learn the independence and was hardly to learn how to shoulder the responsibility.

The journalist of CCTV: His mom said that he were a little scared of you.

Yao's Father, Yao Qingwei: It was like that. Because I, a solider, probably have a little, not really beat him, more commands - you should do this; you should do that - he didn't ask and I didn't tell too much about the reasons.

The journalist of CCTV: He had said, his father didn't permit he to commit any mistake?

Yao's Father, Yao Qingwei: That is to say, I would criticize him after he committed mistakes. Because I remembered that many people thought me to be a irresponsible person. Actually I think I am responsible. Maybe the over-responsible words is likely irresponsible.

Yao Qingwei rethinks that they missed the deep communication between father and son. They missed the chance to shoulder.

Yao's Father, Yao Qingwei: I thought that I did seldom encouragement. Actually I love him and were satisfied with his achievements. But I was afraid that he would be proud, I still criticize him from time to time.

The journalist of CCTV: How did you criticize him?

Yao's Father, Yao Qingwei: Once I felt that he has a sense of pride, I would say, large as the world, there are too many stronger people than you outside. It is not remarkable after you made something or you made a few of achievements.

The journalist of CCTV: criticism has many methods.

Yao's Father, Yao Qingwei: Probably my words are a little stern. He thought it was cruel.

The journalist of CCTV: What was his usual attitude?

Yao's Father, Yao Qingwei: He, my son, sometimes didn't protest, only said with a smile that, no matter what I did, I was always wrong.

Yao Jiaxin (in the trial): Since I went to Junior middle school, I felt oppressed and often wanted to suicide. I thought it was not interesting to live. I thought others were happy and It meant nothing whatever I did.

The couple regret that they didn't know their son's thoughts. Yao Jiaxin had a strong sense of humility. He has seldom taken a photo from adolescence. He had ever decreased sixty KG weight in four month in order to increase the confidence. Sometimes, he spit what he had eaten. And he suffered stomach cramps caused by that.

After Yao Jiaxin passed the exam access to collage, his grandfather honoured him ten thousand Yuan. He did plastic surgery to get a double eyelid with five thousand Yuan. He wanted to get admiration. It seems that he has a stronger desire than ordinary people.

Yao's Mother, Duan Ruihua: Once he planned to do, he must finish it. I often told him, my kid, you shouldn't act like that. persistence is good, but not too much.

The journalist of CCTV: Why did you worry about him too much that time?

Yao's Mother, Duan Ruihua: Because everything reaching extreme means reversal beginning. He had a high demand of himself. He wanted to do the best. He would hate himself if he didn't do the best.

The journalist of CCTV: You said that he must do the best. Is it your instruction?

Yao's Mother, Duan Ruihua: Maybe it was our instruction.

The journalist of CCTV: Would he talk to his father if he made mistakes outside?

Yao's Mother, Duan Ruihua: He had never talked to us about the things outside.

... to be continued.
our life is full of sunshine

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-15 21:16:28 |Display all floors
Yao Jiaxin began to realize that playing piano could bring another admiration for himself after he got the entrance to college from three years ago. From the first year in college, he began to play piano in hotels. He began to earn money as a tutor. He had more than t-w-e-n-t-y students from the 2nd term of the second year. He often came back from work till eleven PM at night. Because Yao's parents treasure their son, they took out the savings of ten thousand Yuan with a debt of four thousand Yuan to buy a car for him.

The journalist of CCTV: Why did he take so much time in part-time jobs?

Yao's Father, Yao Qingwei: It seems like an addiction to earn money. He want to earn four thousand or five thousand after he earned three thousand in one month.

The journalist of CCTV: What goal was he likely to have?

Yao's Father, Yao Qingwei: He had a goal that time. He want to do great things.

Probably Yao's parents always regret that they didn't realize that their son was going on the track to an extreme manner of thinking - Striving for perfection and Doing great things. They lost a chance to teach him to face and handle the failure. It is possible to imagine that Yao Jiaxin, who had felt extremely inferior, was crazy to build his future. He said, it seemed that all of road lights were off after he killed Zhang Miao.

Because of cowardliness and selfishness, because of covering the mistake, he did a dark thing, his future turned into the demise. He didn't tell the truth to his parents after the accident. He told his mother till the third day, before he knocked down another person in another accident, there was one more accident. When his parents sent him to surrender, his parents thought he had only knocked down a person to death.

Yao's Mother, Duan Ruihua: I had thought he had knocked down a person to death. I collapsed. I said that we should surrender to the Police in the first minute. I sent a phone call to his dad and his dad came back. We hurried to the Police station.

The journalist of CCTV: When did you know the truth?

Yao's Mother, Duan Ruihua: After the authorization for arrest said that he was a murder. I was puzzled that how he could be a murder. Following that, the media reported the details. It said that he used a knife. The first time I knew that He used a knife.

Yao Jiaxin (in the trial): After I stepped down to the back and saw the victim. She was groaning. My first reaction was: Panic.

...to be continued.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-15 22:10:18 |Display all floors
The couple don't understand how Yao Jiaxin could make such a cruel and such a striking accident. They didn't have the chance to ask him but read the explanations in media reports with the rest of people.

Yao Jiaxin (in the trial): I first afraid that she would steadily haunted me. I was afraid that an injured person in rural area are sticky (tough, difficult, hard to deal with).  

Yao Jiaxin's cruel behaviour is unforgivable. Just that his words not only hurt the people but raised the assumptions about the background of his families. His father was angry and didn't understand about that his words.

Yao's Father, Yao Qingwei: If he said people in rural area are sticky, he should have mentioned his dad is sticky.

The journalist of CCTV: Are you a person in rural area?

Yao's Father, Yao Qingwei: I am a person in rural area. My hometown is in rural area of Shanxi province. My dad have never taken a train. So, I also don't understand. But I don't have the chance to ask him.

The journalist of CCTV: What do you mean that you don't understand?

Yao's Father, Yao Qingwei: I don't understand how he could say words like that.

Yao Jiaxin's father said, he grew up in rural area of Shanxi province. He passed the exam to study in a military college. He worked in a military factory after graduation. He retired from military units eight years ago. The retirement pension is more than two thousand Yuan a month. He don't have a stable job now.

The journalist of CCTV: Could you tell us what's your former job?

Yao's Mother, Duan Ruihua: I was a warehouse keeper.

The journalist of CCTV: What's your household income?

Yao's Mother, Duan Ruihua: My retirement pension is more than nine hundred, less than one thousand Yuan a month.

Their apartment is a joined-owned property shared by the former company. They have lived in this apartment for more than t-w-e-n-t-y years. The area of the apartment is one hundred and eight square meter.

Yao's Father, Yao Qingwei: I welcome anyone to provide any evidence. If I have any other asset. I would confess if there was enough evidence. And I would like to donate that to the victim's families.

The journalist of CCTV: Why didn't you speak out a little earlier?

Yao's Mother, Duan Ruihua: Whatever, It was the first that my son committed the mistakes.  Any more explanation could do nothing.

The journalist of CCTV: But there were many assumptions that time. They said you could adopt Guanxi to bend the law.

Yao's Mother, Duan Ruihua: We didn't think that much of it.

....to be continued.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-15 22:11:18 |Display all floors
After Yao Jiaxin had said that People in rural area are sticky, another following words wasn't released by media yet, he said that they would endless haunt his parents, his families. This selfish word led part of reasons to his families.

The journalist of CCTV: Someone guessed that, whether because you struggled from rural area, at last you had a stable and secure life in the city, you would hope your child away from the living in rural area and the people in rural area whenever possible, or not? Whether you teach him unconsciously or not?

Yao's Father, Yao Qingwei: No possibility. Because his uncle and his aunt are still living in rural area, who would visit them, if I taught him, after I can't walk any more?  

The journalist of CCTV: Inevitably there was an opinion. Since Yao Jiaxin could say as that, whether his parents taught him enough the sense of kindness, or not?

Yao's Father, Yao Qingwei: Parents should have the responsibility. But the teaching of parents is not to tell him how to do. He should learn from what we did.

The journalist of CCTV: Many people were angry at Yao Jiaxin's word - People in rural area are sticky.

The Victim's Father, Zhang Pingxuan: I were also angry. But Yao Jiaxin's words was only Yao Jiaxin's words. He was only a kid. His mom and his dad didn't say so. I forgave his mom and his dad.

... to be continued.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-15 22:12:56 |Display all floors
The journalists of CCTV also visited the families of the victim, Zhang Miao, in August 3, 2011.

After the death of Zhang Miao, her mother often reiterated, mom made the meal for you; why don't you come back to eat yet. Her mother often cried suddenly owing to the psychiatric problems raised by the daughter's death.

The journalist of CCTV: Did you console her?

The Victim's Father, Zhang Pingxuan: I did nothing. I can do nothing to help her.

Zhang Miao was t-w-e-n-t-y seven years old. She was a mother of two-year old baby. She worked in a resturant when the case happened. She lived in the house of her parents. There is no an electric light in her room. All of her stuff were burnt by her parents after she had been buried. There isn't a photo of the daughter. The pain of the families are not relieved after the excecution of Yao Jiaxin.

The journalist of CCTV: Many people were happy when Yao Jiaxin was executed. What did you feel?

The Victim's Father, Zhang Pingxuan: I was happy. But I also felt sympathy for his mother and his father after a second thought.

The journalist of CCTV: But you also lost a child?

The Victim's Father, Zhang Pingxuan: Tell you the truth: I have another two children. I still have the dependence. But Yao's families have ntohing. They have only one child. I don't know what Yao's mother and Yao's Father felt and what they thought.

... to be continued.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-16 09:17:29 |Display all floors
Just before Yao Jiaxin was executed in June 7, Yao's parents had met their son for the last ten minutes. Yao Qingwei has been living under the pain caused by losing his son and the complaints from his son and has been living among rethinking during the past two months. The most sadness was from Yao Jiaxin's words in the last ten minutes.

Yao's Father, Yao Qingwei: Once I went there, he shouted, dad, I love you. I said you didn't need to say. I said I knew that and I also love you. He said that you need to have a good living; I would leave first and would reincarnate first; you left later and would be my children; and I would look after you. I said, if you wanted to do anything, just transferred dad a dream. He said I would transfer you good dream, not evil dream. Just shouting like that. Usually my son spoke softly, but those words was shouted from him very very loud. He said all of my transferred dream would be good dream, not evil dream; Evil dream wouldn't be transferred from me.

But in that last meeting, Yao Qing still had a regret. After suffered huge pressures and pains of several months, he opposed Yao Jiaxin to donate Yao Jiaxin's corneas.

Yao's Father, Yao Qingwei: I said, you took your sin away and wouldn't bring suffers to others. Actually, I think I said it to a little extreme. I should fulfill the kid's last wish. I didn't know what he thought. Maybe he thought he could saw us again through other's eyes.

The journalist of CCTV: Probably he was sad after he heard it.

Yao's Father, Yao Qingwei: It was an impulse. I still said so - human being shouldn't act on an impulse. Human being would be monster if one acted on an impulse.

The journalist of CCTV: If now you, father and son, could talk like us?

Yao's Father, Yao Qingwei: I wrote a letter to him. I told him that something which you viewed as triviality brought many happiness to me. But I didn't say words like that. If you want to say something, you need to say something. Don't decrease the words of praise and encouragement. It is what I want to tell the present parents and the coming parents in future.

The journalist of CCTV: Why just the words?

Yao's Father, Yao Qingwei: Because many similar stories were behind every such words. Some of them were learnt from the bloody lesson.  

...to be continued.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-16 09:48:39 |Display all floors
It was a hot topic about the case of Yao Jiaxin in the past few months. Someone said that Yao Jiaxin chose escape to handle the traffic accident emergency. It was the worst behaviour reaction caused by cowardliness and selfishness. Someone said it embodys one cruel and false social information - less compensation in dead traffic accident than in injured traffic accident. But most people focused on the lack of law education, responsibility education and life education through children growing up. Our education focused on how to be a talent but ignore the training of personality and character. Just these shortage led him not to respect and treasure life.

...to be continued.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.