Views: 31118|Replies: 125

China's First Carrier Threatens Who ? [Copy link] 中文

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2011-7-28 10:41:41 |Display all floors
Aircraft warrier makes it more like China. Some Countries may be fussing about it, saying China is posing a threat to the world peace.

Why shouldn't a country big like this own a carrier of his own? Even Tailand has got one. India has one.

I think China will build more of it. China has been a good neighbour. Nobody should deny its rights for self-defence.

Anyone who's complaining about U.S? They have got 11 carriers. Look what they've done.
carrier.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-7-28 12:06:39 |Display all floors
I think nobody is threatened by this event and this is because China has no idea how to use the things yet or how to integrate them into combined fleet ops. As for building more, well, carriers aren't "self defence" units, they're offense/sea control/sea denial systems, along with their correspsonding battle groups. The intent is clear, or should be, even to the blind, as to China's motives for building these vessels......South China sea! Why here you may ask. I think it's probably because Beijing has the idea that the UN won't allow China's claim, regarding this area, so China will back up it's "ownership" with force. If this is the case, China's so called peaceful negotiations and often stated publically, wish to use diplomacy, will be farcical and will prove to the world that China cannot be trusted.
I'm not saying that this will be the case, but it sure makes for an interesting discussion.

[ Last edited by exportedkiwi at 2011-7-28 11:09 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-7-28 13:41:36 |Display all floors

Reply #2 exportedkiwi's post

Australia has started the deployment of 2 units 30,000 T Canberra Class Dock Ships - built in Spain.
Just like Korea's Dokdo, and Japan's 2 unit of 20,000 T Hyuga Class Dock Ships

Pretty much ready to balance regional deployments!

Cheerios!

Green DRagon
Game Grandmaster

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-7-28 17:03:50 |Display all floors
Originally posted by greendragon at 2011-7-28 12:41
Australia has started the deployment of 2 units 30,000 T Canberra Class Dock Ships - built in Spain.
Just like Korea's Dokdo, and Japan's 2 unit of 20,000 T Hyuga Class Dock Ships

Pretty much r ...

Yep, I know but neither country can deploy jet aircraft on their fleet units, although, if the J35-B model is available and the vessels can reconfigured, there is that possibility I suppose. There is talk in Australian circles of another Canberra class specifically fitted out for the J35- B. I get this from friends of mine in the Aussie military circles etc.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-7-29 00:01:01 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-7-29 01:32:25 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-7-29 01:36:13 |Display all floors

Reply #6 saltandpepper's post

Chinese air craft carrier or russian bath tub?
;P

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.