Author: 468259058

Possible Human factors caused the "Hexie" train crash [Copy link] 中文

Gold Medal September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-7-26 09:55:04 |Display all floors
6. The reform relevant to Ministry of Railway started from the late 1990s.

In 2005, a reform of the management system started in local transport bureau. The former 3-level ----- bureau-level, sub-bureau-level, and station-level ----- management system was reformed into 2-level ----- bureau-level and station-level ------ management system.

For example:
China's housing reform didn't go smoothly from the late 1990s. Many serious social conflicts came out one after another in the ongoing housing reform.

Is there any problem in the reform of Ministry of Railway? How did the reform affect the operation from 2005?
our life is full of sunshine

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-7-26 13:10:38 |Display all floors

Lack of planning/emergency procedures

Really strange that emergency procedures were not in place/used to notify central of the stopped train
which in turn could have stopped the other train on the track.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-7-26 20:37:35 |Display all floors
7. It was from a news report.

++++++++++++++++++++++
In 2008, the first batch of drivers started learning how to drive high-speed train. One of the textbooks was written in German with 670 pages. They finished learning it by the end of first 5 days. Li Dongxiao who had ever graduated from high school was the number 1 of the first batch drivers.

Max, one expert from German, had ever said, it is impossible to drive the high-speed train with 10-day learning; the drivers can't drive high-speed train away without 2 or 3-month learning.

10 days later, Li Dongxing drove the train back to Beijing.

++++++++++++++++++++

The original news report want to show how great Chinese are.

However, it remind us of the Great Leap Forward.

[ Last edited by 468259058 at 2011-7-26 08:39 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-7-27 16:45:31 |Display all floors
Many major decisions are not made by professionals and engineers, but high-ranking CPC members and high-ranking government officials in local Railway Bureau and Railway stations. Most of people prefer to respect political power and Guanxi rather than respecting the science and the numbers.

A high-ranking CPC member said a work should be done in 5 hours. The work should be done at least more than 10 hours in regulations. In the end, the work was likely to be done limited within 5 hours.

Many professionals and engineers focused on how to be high-ranking CPC members and high-ranking government officials for the benefits behind it. They prefer to pay attention to Guanxi rather than the performance of their jobs.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-7-27 16:56:33 |Display all floors
Nobody is interested in your stupid Jas.mine Rev., id.iot.
Please don't shoot, I'm just a babe.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-7-27 17:17:38 |Display all floors
Originally posted by correction at 2011-7-27 16:56
Nobody is interested in your stupid Jas.mine Rev., id.iot.

It was a common practice to label another guy with a title of "traitors", "anti-revolution", "anti-Mao Zedong" ..., in the fierce political fighting from the late 1950s to the late 1970s. But we know that tactics of political fighting is not good.

++++++++++++++++++++++
Anything wrong in my posts of this thread?

Please prove anything wrong with your numbers, reasonings, quotes, etc.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-7-27 17:24:42 |Display all floors
For example:

A member of this forum, DanseMacabre,  has ever raised a new thread to ask if I'm a racist in Free Talk column in 2011-04-01.

I think DanseMacabre is not a racist, though he wote down a thread "Chinese are pigs" in China Watch column in 2011-07-26.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.