Views: 10538|Replies: 151

Human Rights Abuse - What the UK doesn't want you to know [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-6-24 02:31:59 |Display all floors
I am a British citizen from birth and this is my first post here. I am posting on this site to make people aware of the abuse of the human rights of elderly people in the UK and in particular those who suffer from dementia.

The British government and media are quick to criticize other countries about what it claims are human rights abuse however it never mentions the way itsown authorities violate the Human Rights Articles and uses legal powers to force elderly people into care homes and then taxes them at 100% of their income and capital in order to keep them there.

In the UK the state authorities take the view that once you pass a certain age and show early signs of dementia then you should be consigned to a care home as its 'in your best interests'. This is certainly the view of my social services department but not of myself or my father.

My father is 92 but still fit for his age and can take care of his daily needs, although his mind is slowing down he knows where he wants to live and it is not in a care home. His view is that he has his own home and 'does not need other people telling me how to run my life' nor is he 'paying to be sat in a chair looking at four walls in a care home'. Social services think otherwise.

I have fought for his rights to family life and to live in his own home since November 2010. Social services have never proved that my father is mental but as I have challenged their decision they have used legal powers to prevent me seeing or speaking with my father and to prevent him leaving the care home. He is a prisoner. The State has declared he belongs in a care home and must pay to stay there. He has no choice in the matter nor can he question their decision and neither can I. As we both complain they have denied me access to my father and threatened to have me arrested if I attempt to do so. In the mean time they demand money from him to keep him locked up in the care home. If I refuse to pay they can confiscate his assets that he worked all his life to save.

Is this how a civilized country should treat its elderly citizens? Do such actions give it the moral grounds to attack other countries on their human rights issues?

I have created a blog site for my father in which he speaks for himself and I would ask you all to determine if this is a man who is mental and does not know where he wishes to live. The site also links into the background of his case which will give you a true picture of how the British government treats its own people.

The site in English is Whose Best Interest

The site in Chinese is
Whose Best Interest

For my own blog on my battle with the UK authorities go to .Human Rights Abuse UK
and search for posts under the name of MR_ANGRY

Not everything in the West is as pure as the Western governments would like you to believe

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-6-24 03:09:38 |Display all floors

How to vote on the blog site

If you think my father knows where he wants to live then vote NO

If you think he lacks understanding and does NOT KNOW where he wishes to live then vote YES

I know English can be a difficult language at times :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-6-24 17:37:20 |Display all floors

No idea

I have no idea what you are talking about.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-6-24 17:41:18 |Display all floors
Originally posted by ssnemesis at 2011-6-24 03:09
If you think my father knows where he wants to live then vote NO

If you think he lacks understanding and does NOT KNOW where he wishes to live then vote YES

I know English can be a difficult  ...

What is your fathers name ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-6-24 17:58:12 |Display all floors
Originally posted by ssnemesis at 2011-6-24 18:37

he's just a smartars,
just ignore him for a starter

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-6-24 18:10:22 |Display all floors
Originally posted by ssnemesis at 2011-6-24 17:37
.....................................................................................

I don't think he realizes that there really is an issue here based on fleecing the elderly even though they paid for care within their working life contributions. Bankrupt Britain is snatching any wealth it can to pay for their losses given to bankers and the Elite ..........

You have my sympathy ........  

And for seneca try these two searches to get an idea of what the OP is facing ..........

Daily Mail
Downsize your home to pay for old-age care, says the man brought in to ease burden on middle classes

The Independent
Asset-stripping the elderly

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-6-24 18:42:03 |Display all floors
Is this how a civilized country should treat its elderly citizens? Do such actions give it the moral grounds to attack other countries on their human rights issues

In my opinion no they dont have the moral grounds to attack other Countries on HR but on bigger issues than yours.

At the other end of the scale, scroungers who never do a days work in their entire lives can get benefits, pension credits and free healthcare when they're old and senile.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.