Views: 6937|Replies: 11

Are you financial independent? [Copy link] 中文

Gold Medal September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-5-17 20:57:59 |Display all floors
About 10 years ago, I read a book "Rich Dad Poor Dad" in a bookstore in Shanghai. it touched me a lot that time.

+++++++
the following is from wikipedia.

The book advocates financial independence through investing, real estate, owning businesses, and the use of financial protection tactics.

The author stresses the owner ship of high value assets, rather than being an employee.

according to the author, wealth is measured as the number of days the income from your assets will sustain you, and financial independent is achieved when your monthly income from assets exceeds your monthly expenses.
our life is full of sunshine

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-5-17 23:07:58 |Display all floors
For living in China: definitely. For Europe: no, I still gotta work^^

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-5-18 08:54:43 |Display all floors
Many Chinese netizens said that
we need to read more books on personal financial management.
we need to make more friends relying on priviate business, asset appreciation, etc, make less friends relying on monthly salaries.
we need to make more friends with positive views.
we need to make more friends in financial industry.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-5-18 09:46:58 |Display all floors
Nowadadys, I am financial independent but if I want to buy an apartment, I would have no choice but to ask banks for help.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-5-18 10:38:52 |Display all floors
Originally posted by desperado123 at 2011-5-18 09:46
Nowadadys, I am financial independent but if I want to buy an apartment, I would have no choice but to ask banks for help.
And then we need to create more sources and larger amount of income for ourselves.

There were so many opportunies to be a billionaire, or a millionaire, from Deng's reform.
Have you ever had the opportunies?
Did you miss all of them?
Did you have the meat from the Pot?
Did you have the soup from the Pot?
Did you get nothing from the Pot?

Like the price reform,
the earlier stage after the birth of stock market,
the privatization of coal mine in Shanxi,
the privatization of local government-own companies,
the privatization of government-own apartments,
the privatization of ...

Any prediction about
What opportunities is there in 2011? in the near future?

[ Last edited by 468259058 at 2011-5-18 11:01 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-5-18 11:02:22 |Display all floors
[quote]Originally posted by 468259058 at 2011-5-17 20:57

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" .... financial independent is achieved when your monthly income from assets exceeds your monthly expenses.... "

For some people, monthly expenses can be increased or decreased.

For example, you can sell your yacht. This would decrease your monthly expenses in mooring fees.

Or you can join a exclusive country club. This would increase your monthly expenses in membership fees.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-5-18 21:27:37 |Display all floors
If one Chinese had bought a 2nd apartment in any major city before 2007, he would be at least a millionaire by the profits of the 2nd apartment now.

If one Chinese had bought stocks of RMB 10,000 before 2007, and had sold in the 2nd half year of 2007, he would be at least a millionaire by the profits.

Many entrepreneur became at least millionaire, or billionaire, after they bought the previous government-own companies, government-owned kindergarten, government-own ... in the late 1990s and the early 2000s.

Every entrepreneur became at least millionaire if they have invested in property development by today.

Many entrepreneur became at least millionaire after they invested in Internet economy

Too many opportunities********

[ Last edited by 468259058 at 2011-5-18 10:09 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.