Author: JFenix

Over Half of Chinese Polled Were Saddened by Osama Bin Laden Death [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-5-18 01:12:39 |Display all floors
Originally posted by SPECIALED at 2011-5-18 00:37
if i didnt know about the relationship the bin laden family had with the u.s., and funding, training osama received from the usa, i would be sadened too by his death. but since this is just another ...

It would be the lie of the century, and honestly, I don't think we're good enough to pull that off.

Think about what it would involve.

First we would have to get pakistan to collaborate a story which puts them in a very bad light and also causes instability within the country.  We didn't have enough money for someone to turn in OBL, and I don't think we have enough money to buy pakistan's compliance with a lie this big.  Do we have enough money to buy off the wives?  They have been confirmed to be his actual wives by family correct?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-5-18 03:23:35 |Display all floors

Reply #24 JFenix's post

It has nothing to do with racism and everything to do with  basic human decency.

What "basic human decency" you are referring to? What is your bottom line? Do you not see

this as human decency?
iraqdeaths.gif

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-5-18 03:48:41 |Display all floors
One wrong does not cancel out another wrong.  The two have nothing to do with each other.

with that logic, should we say anything that is done to germany is acceptable because of hitler?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-5-18 06:14:06 |Display all floors

Reply #31 JFenix's post

So, as far as your logic goes, the more than 1.45 million Iraqi deaths had nothing to do with the persecution

and execution of Saddam Hussein? They died because they were around when the Americans dropped their

bombs! Is that what you are implying, as collateral damage? They just happened to be there to be killed! No

faults of the Americans per se!. Right?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-5-18 06:49:00 |Display all floors
terrorists act outside their governments and target civilians

They dont always target civilians and they usually exist because they dont have the numbers to fight conventional wars.  And because they're easier targets than the military.

The Allies deliberately targeted and killed civilians-100's of thousands of them in WW2-many considered that an act of terrorism.

Not that im justifying terrorism, its appalling that innocent people are murdered in this way.  But one American or Brit life has no higher value than one life from anywhere else.

Does it ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-5-18 07:53:04 |Display all floors
Originally posted by sansukong at 2011-5-18 06:14

So, as far as your logic goes, the more than 1.45 million Iraqi deaths had nothing to do with the persecution

and execution of Saddam Hussein? They died because they we ...

Do you read my posts?  Do you have a hard time with english?

Where did you get that I defend the iraq war?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-5-18 07:55:19 |Display all floors
#34 - Furthermore, what does it have to do with Bin Laden?  Except for the fact he wanted to take saddam out of power?

Are you suggesting that we acted together with OBL on the iraq war?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.