Views: 1434|Replies: 1

3.6m long, a Chinese woman hair [Copy link] 中文

Gold Medal September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-4-20 21:33:53 |Display all floors
Chinese woman cuts off 3.6m tresses for embroidery

The woman decided to cut off her long mane because it was taking up too much time: "I had to wash it a section at a time and it took almost two hours."

A woman in China who had not received a haircut in more than two decades informed local press that she had decided to chop of her 3.6 metre locks and use them to create an embroidery by way of a memento, provincial website Shandong.net informed.

Jian Aixiu, the owner of the tresses, came to the decision to cut off her hair because it took too much time to look after. "I have to wash it a section at a time and it takes me almost two hours," she said.

When Jiang, who comes from Fushun (in the central Chinese province of Henan) recently attended a hairdressers in order to get her impressive mane cut off, she was told to hold on to the chopped locks "because it is good quality" hair.

"I am still thinking of cutting it off, but I'd like to use the hair to sew an embroidery and that way have a constant memento," Jiang told Chinese journalists.

Jiang told press she has not followed a special diet or used expensive shampoos in order to preserve the quality of her hair and that it grows at a rate of more than ten centimetres a year.

"Every time a hair falls out it breaks my Heart," said Jiang, whose devotion to her locks has led her to collect each of the hairs she has shed since 1993 so she now possesses more than ten full plastic bags of discarded hairs.

She also revealed that she has been offered money for her hair, including one proposal of 10,000 Yuan (over 1,000 euros), but has always refused whatever the amount.

Unsurprisingly, people are often amazed by Jiang's hair when they come across her in the street. Some, she said, even stop to take photos.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-21 22:17:25 |Display all floors
that is gross..

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.