Views: 23451|Replies: 120

Europe and the headscarf [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-3-28 19:10:10 |Display all floors
The Islamic headscarf has become one of the most hotly disputed items of clothing in Europe. The French ban on headscarves in state schools comes into effect on 2 September, and politicians in Germany and Belgium want similar laws.

BBC News Online asked eight commentators for their views on imposing a ban on the headscarf.
Grupa_maturantica_Medrese_Gazi_Husrev_Beg.jpg
余优素福

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-3-28 19:11:24 |Display all floors

Anna, Tehran, Iran

I really cannot understand what the fuss is about. Why is it always considered ok to wear less, but if someone likes to cover everyone becomes alarmed? After all this upheaval, one really starts to suspect that Western culture is indeed exploiting women as sex symbols, and not being allowed to do so by a small minority is perceived as a major threat?
余优素福

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-3-28 19:12:44 |Display all floors

Eliseo Mercado,OMI, Rome, Italy

I cannot see any sense in the prohibition or ban on the Muslim headscarves. Is secularism the NORM, ideology and the "religion" of modern France or EU? Any one who does NOT conform to its "religion" of "laicite" or is it "laicism" has to be proscribed! Why? Is this not another form of fanatical intolerance in the guise of the so called secularism!
余优素福

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2011-3-29 07:44:23 |Display all floors
Originally posted by cjamesyee at 2011-3-28 19:11
I really cannot understand what the fuss is about. Why is it always considered ok to wear less, but if someone likes to cover everyone becomes alarmed? After all this upheaval, one real ...

Why do they have to wear it?

Chao Ren VFP

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-3-31 00:29:56 |Display all floors
I hate head scarves.

It's frankly ridiculous. I just find it hilarious that Allah somehow forgot to make women bald and said "just cover you hair with a scarf instead".

And personally, I'm more liable to think that a Muslim woman is going to do something suspicious than any other religious person in Europe. You let radicals operate within your religion and this is what you get...watched. And if we can't see your faces, then gtfo.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-1 23:30:04 |Display all floors
Originally posted by 1584austin at 2011-3-29 07:44

Why do they have to wear it?

Chao Ren VFP

Because many are just too fugly to be shown^^
Patria est ubicunque bene/Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-2 13:48:28 |Display all floors

[ Last edited by cjamesyee at 2011-4-3 04:34 AM ]
余优素福

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.