Author: chico1337

Do Tibetans Consider themselves Chinese? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-3-16 23:10:23 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-3-16 23:21:50 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-3-16 23:59:15 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2011-3-14 17:55
Then why can't YOU of all people feel proud of THEIR culture, let them practise it, and share in it yourself?
Learn Teabeddan, accept their wisdom in living in such a harsh environment witho ...

Oooooh ........ !

Our cantankerous old Jew is spewing nonsense again ............

OK .......

Let us take a pragmatic look at this  ..........

Why do the Welsh, Irish and Scots all speak English ........ ?

And the English do not even to bother to speak Welsh or Gaelic ............ ?

I mean it is just such a small place after all ............

Would this be the UK government crushing all dissent and denying access to the local language  .......... ?

Or is this what happens when a successful majority rule the roost .........   

Or maybe it is inherent in a child as it grows up to take the easiest and most promising route when it comes to language acquisition .....

Label it ........ "motivation', and there is lots of literature on it too ...........

And I think that even though you believe you are a language teacher .......

You will not have a suitable answer ..........  

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-3-17 00:10:52 |Display all floors
Originally posted by emucentral at 2011-3-16 10:52
We don't have an "official" language in Australia, you fool.
The major spoken language here is English, with Chinese language/s in second place (and I suspect most ...

No English is not declared as the 'Official Language'  of Australia .........

Good move ..........

And out of the original 200 - 300 hundred original languages of the indigenous Australians only about 70 of them survive with the Tasmanian language completely wiped out ..............

So good job to you Aussies (even you later apologists) and fair dinkum, for rescuing some of them from the bonfire so that you can be proud of them, of which no doubt you are fluent in the 70 that are left ........

As seneca suggests, it is a good idea to be 'au fait' with the original culture and language  .........

Go on, tell me that you are an expert in all 70 remaining Abbo languages  ..........  

Even a little bit ........... ?

That would certainly be worth a good snigger later on ...........

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-3-17 00:23:14 |Display all floors
Originally posted by expatter at 2011-3-16 23:59

Why do the Welsh, Irish and Scots all speak English ........ ?

And the English do not even to bother to speak Welsh or Gaelic ............ ?

I mean it is just such a small place after all ............

Would this be the UK government crushing all dissent and denying access to the local language  .......... ?

Or is this what happens when a successful majority rule the roost ............

The answer would be A: crushing all dissent and denying access to the local language!

See the Poynings Law of 1494, the Acts of Supremacy of 1534, the School Establishment Act of 1616, and the Education Acts of 1633, 1646, 1695, 1696 for some sense of how Gaelic was systematically obliterated in much of Scotland and Ireland. I'm sure there were similar laws passed banning Welsh too, if anyone cares to look.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-3-17 00:31:06 |Display all floors
Originally posted by emucentral at 2011-3-15 12:12
And who decided what that official language would be ?
The Cantonese speakers of Guangdong ?
The turkic language speakers of East Tourkistan ?
The Tbtn speakers of Tbt ?
Nah, the dicta ...
..................................................................................................

Well, it looks like the majority were favoured in this decision .........

Even your old friend (seneca) the fabled 'China hater' who lives in Guangdong will tell you that Guangdongnese conduct their business in Cantonese and switch without a problem to Mandarin to suit ........

Gifted people ..........

I personally lived in Guangdong for six years and know that there is no language barrier, only an enhancement to a vast country in the fact that they can easily communicate with the other people in their vast nation .........

Some three times the size of the EU .........

And of course both languages use the same script ........

Ooh!, and the Japanese and Koreans use (used to) and understand Chinese script which goes back into ancient history .......

Unforced  ........ allegedly ........

Can you do that with the Abbos ............. ?

I bet you can't ..........  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-3-17 00:37:58 |Display all floors

... or to quote the movie Trainspotting

"Some people hate the English. I don't. They're just wankers. We, on the other hand, are colonized by wankers. Can't even find a decent culture to get colonized by. We're ruled by effete a$$holes. It's a $h!te state of affairs to be in, and all the fresh air in the world won't make any f#@king difference!"

[ Last edited by MaKaiYan at 2011-3-17 12:40 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.