Author: whereabout

In 2010, China surpassed US first time for output of power generation [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-2-14 18:56:23 |Display all floors
Continue from #5 above; some edited.

3)   Miao Wei, vice minister of the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology  once remarked that  China should not build too many wind power  plants because wind is always accompanied by sand in China and the equipment will erode quickly……………...
(  I wonder if he had traveled to all parts of China……………
.  ……always accompanied by sand?   I don’t think so.    Much of China is not in the Gobi Desert………………….)

4)   China has built a lot of hydroelectric power plants in the past, but in the last decade, China’s environmentalists (mostly idealists and hippies) under foreign NGO influence, have hampered hydroelectric development in China, citing environmental issues.

(In my opinion, there shouldn’t be much environmental issues to worry about, because the water will continue to flow downstream through the turbines in order to generate electricity.   Remember, the benefit far outweighs any environmental issues.)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-2-15 11:30:08 |Display all floors

Reply #8 Ny321's post

It's time for us to get some "rock and roll" and see how well the development, reforms holds up.

We have to restudy the "weakness" of the reforms, and undertake further "improvements"!
A little shake from the expected readjustment of the DOLLAR VALUE will be a good TEST for the strength of the NEW MIDDLE KINGDOM.

In the meantime, we must learn the "PANDA STARE" kongfu.
Figure out what's correct, works, and what's fake, doesn't work.
In that, it's the "HIDDEN DRAGON" kongfu.

cheerios!

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.