Views: 3058|Replies: 14

The Anglo media keeps discriminating against Chinese people [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-1-12 14:36:00 |Display all floors
Why is is that the Anglo/British/American countries continue to disseminate negative propaganda against Chinese men, perpetuating the old racist stereotypes against Chinese men?

Why is it that the Anglo/British/American people always seem to look down on Chinese people as being inferior and inadequate?

What can we do against the racist Anglo media?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-1-12 14:43:14 |Display all floors
The following comment about negative stereotypes is extracted from wikipedia:

Emasculation and asexuality
In the mid 1800 Chinese laboreres were given an emasculated image due to the physical appearance of these laborers and the fact that they did what Westerners considered to be "women's work." The Chinese workers sported long braids (a queue) and sometimes wore long silk gowns.[49] Because Chinese men were seen as an economic threat to the white workforce, laws were passed that barred the Chinese from many "male" labour intensive-industries, the only jobs available to the Chinese of the time were jobs that whites deemed "women's work" (i.e., laundry, cooking, and childcare).[49] It has been noted by some[50][51] that Hollywood stereotypes Asian men as supergeeks or asexual martial artists who have no love interest in films.[52] The character of Long Duk Dong in the 1984 cult classic "Sixteen Candles", is still vilified for being offensive, even though he did get the girl.[53] Roger Ebert, however, defended him, writing that Gedde Watanabe "elevates his role from a potentially offensive stereotype to high comedy".[54] In the documentary The Slanted Screen, Gene Cajayon, the Filipino American director of the 2001 film "The Debut," the first Fil-Am movie to be released nationwide in the United States, talks about the revised ending for the action movie "Romeo Must Die," a retelling of "Romeo and Juliet" where the R&B star Aaliyah plays Juliet to the Chinese actor Jet Li's Romeo. The original ending had Aaliyah kissing Li, which would have explained the title of Romeo, a scenario that didn't test well with an "urban audience." [55] So the studio changed it. The new ending had Trish (Aaliyah) giving Han (Jet Li) a tight hug. According to Cajayon, "Mainstream America, for the most part, gets uncomfortable with seeing an Asian man portrayed in a sexual light." [

Here is a link to all the negative racist stereotypes against Chinese men which have been propagated by the english-speaking Anglo media all over the world:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stereotype ... tern_world

Which explains why all those english-speaking white westerner women in Shanghai do not want to go out with young handsome Chinese men.

Those english-speaking white westerner women have been taught to believe all the bad negative stereotypes against Chinese men.

On the other hand, I met a nice young italian-speaking white Italian woman who had been learning to speak Mandarin at university. That Italian women is fascinated by Chinese culture and that Italian woman had been dreaming about falling in love with a nice handsome Chinese man.

That white Italian woman has met many handsome Chinese men. She has gone out with many young Chinese men, and she is so happy living in China with so many young handsome Chinese men available.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-1-12 15:12:13 |Display all floors
Here is a link to racist stereotypes against the Chinese people:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ste ... n_the_Western_world

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-1-12 15:32:52 |Display all floors
Originally posted by chinanumber1 at 2011-1-12 14:36
Why is is that the Anglo/British/American countries continue to disseminate negative propaganda against Chinese men, perpetuating the old racist stereotypes against Chinese men?

But wait! This post is being made on the CD forum where posters regularly stereotype westerners as rapists, child molesters, murderers, liars, cheats, sexually depraved, torturers, hypocrites....

To quote Mechanic, a Chinese poster here: "Is there no depth so low that these human scum (Anglos) won't sink to it?"

Oh, and these white people are racist to boot! (like all westerners are white - doh!).

I honestly know of no web site in a western country that is as racist and hate-filled as the CD forum. Obviously I haven't surfed every site in existence. I am just telling you that the racism on this forum is extraordinarily pronounced, and the people perpetrating most of the racism are Chinese. In his book "When China Rules the World" Martin Jacques, pointed to many positives about China's rise. One negative he pointed to was the intense racism, and the fact that Chinese people were largely ignorant that their views were often equivalent of those in extremist hate groups in developed countries. This forum is strong evidence that he was correct.

I suggest you take a mirror and take a long hard look into it.

[ Last edited by questioner at 2011-1-12 03:41 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-1-12 15:55:10 |Display all floors
Originally posted by questioner at 2011-1-12 15:32

But wait! This post is being made on the CD forum where posters regularly stereotype westerners as rapists, child molesters, murderers, liars, cheats, sexually depraved, torturers, hypocrites.. ...

Martin Jacques was not telling the truth about the real speed of Chinese economic development,  or he may have been understating the real size of the Chinese economy.

When you realize that China is building in just one year as many electric power stations as the whole installed power capacity of all the existing power stations in the UK,  the clear meaning is that the Chinese economy is growing in just one year by as much as the whole entire GDP of the UK.

The truth is that the real Chinese economy is already nearly 10 times the size of the UK economy.

The real GDP of China is already nearly 10 times bigger than the GDP of the UK.

The real GDP of China is already nearly 2 times bigger than the GDP of America.

There is no need to wait much longer,  because by the year 2016,  China will already have more than 3 times the real GDP of America,  and 5 times the industrial production of America.

China will rule the world by 2016.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-1-12 16:16:43 |Display all floors

Chinese Wife

Seneca,
I believe you are married to a Chinese. Yes?  What does she have to say about the discrimination claims
from the Chinese members here? Is she aware of  your opinion towards the Chinese?  
Watch your thoughts, for they become words.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-1-12 16:19:20 |Display all floors
Questioner & Seneca,

Did you read the links provided by the author of this thread? I did & as a decent human being, I just don't
feel comfortable with what I read.   
Watch your thoughts, for they become words.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.