Author: blueskies88

Man created god before god created man [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-12-17 16:39:04 |Display all floors
Even the ancient Chinese believe in Shangdi.
Please don't shoot, I'm just a babe.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-12-17 18:37:05 |Display all floors
Originally posted by correction at 17-12-2010 18:39
Even the ancient Chinese believe in Shangdi.

The further we look back into the past the more superstitious we find the people. Certainly the ancients believed in shangdi - as I have iterated not denied.

Ancients peoples attributed everything they could not understand in nature to some god or other.

And yes the evolutionary process is indeed long - as is the life of our little rock. But the process of evolutionary change can accelerate dramatically during periods of elevated cosmic radiation which can alter the cell structure in living organisms radically - also the evolutionary process from for example single cell organisms is radically affected by the availability of various protiens.

450 billion years is a long time and lab experiments have shown the evolution from a single cell to a multicell organism can occur in 24 hours given the right conditions.

Certainly humanity is found only in the last few minutes of the evolutionary cycle - out of the 450 billion year life of the planet, the evidence of human evolution has only gone back a short time - no humans roamed the planet during the time of the dinosaurs - yet in that relatively short time we have evovled to our present stage.

To say that all life on this planet is the result of some hundreds of billions of years of "creation" by some god is ridiculous in the extreme.

What is your perception of god? What forms your belief in some god creator?

During my studies I have read of some of the most ridiculous theories pertaining to god/creation - take for example the work of Sir Isaac Newton. His time line for life on earth which he worked out from the biblical chronology was only 6,000 years. He said god created the earth and all of its creature only 6,000 years ago - and he was the shining light of his time........ and what he said became the "accepted belief" that held sway in education for some time.

But science and education progressed (evolved) and we learned that his time line was a crock of horse hockey - carbon dating emerged and our ability to set the timeline of our planet evolved as more science squeezed through the strangulation grip of the church.

But take reality further - as our planet flies outward into space - away from the center of the Universe we find that there are planets and solar systems far far more ancient than our own - did this creator of yours create them also? Did it created life on some of those planets also - where does your theory of creation stop and where does it begin? And please do not insult my intelligence by saying it begins and ends on this planet.... :)

Our planet and the solar system in which we exist is part of a galaxy which is hurtling outward into space away from the center of the Universe - our solar system is hurtling through space away from the center of the Galaxy we are in - the reality of existence is beyond comprehension in regard to size and time - our own plaent is 450 Billion years old - but how old is the galaxy which we are a part of? How old is the Universe of which our Galaxy is a part?

If you really think that some mystical god/creator decided to create all of this Universal chaos of bits and pieces of rock and ice and frozen gas hurtling through space away from some central point then that's ok by me - if that's what keeps you sane then so be it.

I choose to beleive that the natural progression of events resulted in the conditions that were conducive to the formation of simple life forms which evolved into more complex life forms as they were lucky enough to find higher forms of protiens to facilitate their development into the next higher form.

As simple life forms became more complex the need to find an explanation for what they could not understand gave birth to the belief in some god/s/creator - this evolved into a religious belief in various forms and continues to evolve today along with all other forms of life.

Man created god before god created man
Man created god before god created man and the world has been in turmoil ever since. Dots freak some people out - so they join them with lines that aren't really there.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-12-17 18:47:16 |Display all floors
Originally posted by 468259058 at 12-12-2010 10:36
In my imagination, maybe a huge "human being", the real God, created the universe by a big bang in his lab, created the present human being by evolution.  And now, the god is examining th ...

Sort of like fleas on a ............

Here is a little ditty I wrote many years ago - sort of reflecting on the way hun\mans see themselves as some apex of the mountain of gods creation...... I called it "Mobile Manure" .....

Why are we here?
What is our purpose?
Were we really “created” or simply an accident of chemistry, is there a “God” or are there indeed many “Gods”????
Human-kind has pondered and even fought wars over these questions. Court cases have taken the question of creation and evolution from fantasy to ridiculous. Science and religion have been at loggerheads since the church lost control of science and science distanced itself from the black magic of the church.
The “Inquisition” saw opponents to the church side of the equation put to death in the most horrific ways imaginable, but science has prevailed and is now a clear leader in the “theories” race.
Neither side has been able to advance a solid proof of our coming into existence. We are born, we live and we die. Some content in the belief that they have a soul/spirit that continues to live on in some Valhalla, others die in the torment of not knowing the answer.
Well it is time to take heart my fellow Earthlings, for there is now one come among you to show you the light, to light your way to full understanding so that you may face the future with dignity.
We have indeed a noble purpose in being here.
Yes we were created.
Not in the sense that an omnipotent “God” slapped together two hands full of clay and breathed life into it, but in the creation of natural necessity, for, as this planet formed, it became a suitable biosphere for plants, (trees, grasses, flowers – all of Gods favorite things).
God decided that he would like the planet to look as nice as possible and proceeded to plant his favorites, but it soon became obvious that the quality of the soil on the planet was not so good and many of Gods favorites suffered from a lack of nutrition.
God spoke to the plants, and, as he had given them a massive intellect and small egos, asked them what they needed.
They all replied that all they needed a never ending supply of nutrition, and out of his toy box God brought forth some animals which he placed on the planet to serve the needs of the plants.
This worked very well, so well indeed that the plants no longer needed to roam the planet in search of food, they simply took root and let their food supply come to them.
They used their superior intellect to get the animals to take over the tiresome business of reproduction for them, providing a tasty meal in exchange for transportation of their genetic material.
Among the animals that God scattered onto the planet to service his most loved creation, was humanity.
An animal that provided a great service to the flora. Being nomads they traveled great distances, and as they traveled they consumed copious quantities of fruit and they crapped everywhere, spreading seeds far a wide.
When they died they dissolved into many nutrients, they reproduced well and served God well in their designed purpose
Until………………………
Humans developed an “artificial” intelligence. They thought that because they could talk and use tools, that they were indeed Gods favorites.
They wrote a new history for the planet and cast themselves in the role of Gods favorite, some even thought they were the chosen ones among this pile of human rabble, the “top of the heap”, but they never took the time to look around them.
They literally could not see the trees for the forest. They did not realise how dependent they were on the trees.
They slaughtered the trees by the millions, they came into conflict with each other, fighting over the dominion and domain of God.
They reduced the planet to a barren wasteland.  
And when they could no longer survive in the atmosphere of pollution that they had created, they knew then their true destiny – they were in fact simply mobile manure – their destiny was to provide the nutrients that the truly beautiful and intelligent trees needed.
It came to pass that the last animals dissolved into the soil of the planet. All was quiet and god was sad.
God wept tears of rain and lo, small green shoots poked out of the soil of the desert landscape.
The trees in their last days had used their superior intelligence to set seeds, gone were the tormentors, and the soil was truly rich with nutrients, the mobile manure had indeed fulfilled its destiny.
The trees and flowers made the planet beautiful once more and God was happy, never again would he allow such a mistake.
Here endeth the lesson.
Man created god before god created man and the world has been in turmoil ever since. Dots freak some people out - so they join them with lines that aren't really there.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-12-17 19:10:41 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 17-12-2010 17:50

I know, I know.

Since you are telling this to all and sundry, why don't you tell us the name of YOUR god?

Well snake I will type this very very slowly for you sweetie - I don't beleive in god and I do not believe in the religious belief of a creator or a creator in the sense that some omnipotent thing created everything.

Yes I do agree that there had to be some matter of some description floating around and some event took place that combined the various elementary substances into the elements that formed solid planets and giant gaseous nuclear reactors we call stars which hold lumps of cooled rock in orbit by mass attraction - some of which are at just the right distance from the star to form a biosphere conducive to sustaining various life forms - but I do not have the limited mental capacity to call that accident a "creator". I am far more inspired to seek a scientific explanation - and it does not bother me one way or the other if I eventually find that explantion to be in fact a god/creator or simply an accidental collision of matter in space.

Whatever happened happened so many billions of years ago that it means squat to me - my existence is a mere blink of an eye in the span of existence - my being here will change nothing and my not being here will change nothing. This planet will continue to hurtle through space trapped in orbit around the solar furnace that is the creator of life on the planet - and will eventually see all life on the planet expire...... I do not have an ego trip that makes me see myself as some fantastic "creation" by some fantastic creator ..... I am far too practical for that .....if I were to feel a weak moment and slide into the warm fuzzy feeling that is your need then I only have to look at the way humans are structured - their ridiculous upright posture which destroys their skeletal joints - their organs which have a limited life - the way our eyesight dims along with our cognitive acumen as we age - I need only look at the number of ways these pathetic bodies we have collapse and die - cancer of the various organs we require for reproduction for example - breast cancer in women cervical cancer in women - prostate cancer in men - bone cancer - skin cancer.......... if some creator created us to go through all this during our short life spans then it must be rolling around on the floor laughing its arse off at its own joke.

No snake I have no god and it has no name - sadly all I have is reality.........

Man created god before god created man

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-12-17 19:11:26 |Display all floors
You're a total hypocrite kongque.  How can you go on saying how ridiculous religion is and also support lslam?  How does that work?  The enemy of your enemy is your friend?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-12-17 19:16:24 |Display all floors
Originally posted by JFenix at 17-12-2010 21:11
You're a total hypocrite kongque.  How can you go on saying how ridiculous religion is and also support lslam?  How does that work?  The enemy of your enemy is your friend?

You see me as a hypocrite JFunk because you do not have the intellect to understand that support for islamic freedom fighters is not support for islam.................... you poor silly little girl wake up for a few minutes and let what little brain you have work on the reality instead of the smell of your own stupidity........

Where and when have I ever said I support islam or any religion???????? You need to read the posts properly. Can you do that for a change?

Man created god before god created man and JFenix is slowly evolving at the back of the herd.......

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-12-17 19:25:50 |Display all floors
Um...if you support lslamic 'freedom fighter' <- sick

Than you are indeed supporting lslam.  For their whole purpose is to spread lslam.  They kill for allah.  They are a perfect example of how religion corrupts the brain and how dangerous religious indoctrination can be.   They represent the biggest fear of what religion can do to people.  Yet you support them.  Crazy!!!

I think you are just taking a page from america's playbook.  Overlook the insanity as long as they are killing the people you want them to kill.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.