Author: blueskies88

Age of Muscle Cars, dedicated to GM [Copy link] 中文

Glod Medal

Post time 2010-11-28 23:12:58 |Display all floors
I  bought one of my kids a Jeep last year with a Hemi.......Lotta engine for a Jeep......
Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-28 23:24:19 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-28 23:30:17 |Display all floors

Reply #43 snappysammy's post

I hope they bought the center of gravity down on the tipsy thing, I know they increased the wheel length and base. As long as the Americans are making fancy expensive to repair fenders and all, in their off-road vehicles, I'll stick to a all-wheel drive sedan and 4WD small utility truck.
The Brotherhood of Knights of the Mystic Sea

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-29 12:11:56 |Display all floors

Reply #37 blueskies88's post

Beauty..........rugged look!

But i like the more sissy Hyundai Sonata's, Honda Accord....
But not muscular enough, compared to American 3.5L engines.....broooooom!

ha ha ha

Cheerios!

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-29 16:44:43 |Display all floors

Reply #46 greendragon's post

From a perspective well before your time:

In the age of muscle cars, the Japanese had just begun their US market, the boxy little thing they introduced were called 'little coffins', Korea had not come on board yet.

Since you are off topic, again, here's my thoughts on the current automobiles:

The US car manufacturers have finally changed with the times, the big obnoxious obstructive and overbearing SUV and trucks they set on big military-designed chassis, didn't have enough drivers to sustain that gas-guzzling, big ego personality. Most folks are practical, they want something safe, affordable and economical.

The improvement in US manufacturing methods required retooling, redirection of engineers and better understanding of the market, something Japan had and Korean acquired. I like those cars as well, however, the Japanese prefer the Toyota, which I also like. But now that China has acquired Volvo, I think you ought to come over to my side of things. Of course Japan and Korea aren't trying to police the world and their engineers don't have to focus so much on military vehicles. I hope that Chinese foresight can keep the best of Volvo -- tried and tested parts and engineering now coupled with best innovation of German engineering genius and not cut corners.

I was considering buying a Hyundai in China, but because of  the lack of reciprocity from that Nation in the automobile market, I will spend the extra bucks and get a Volvo for my adventures in China.

If the Americans and Chinese work out a smaller eco-friendly, town shuttle car, like they are now doing with GMC, for instance, AND the Chinese city traffic ever matures and learns to follow regulations and good driver practices and general courtesy, I will get one of those ... one day, perhaps. I look forward. The age of the muscle car is behind us!

EDIT

So now the mods and their machinery are watching me like a hawk? Hahahahaha! You folks ought to be grateful and a H of a lot more trusting -- get over your backwards, hard-line fear of Americans and the US and grow up; there is a big world out there and you need to start recognizing who has truly been on your damn side all along! Pass it along, I come to you only with the love of my heart, a song in my soul and a dance in my spirit! Figure it out!

[ Last edited by blueskies88 at 2010-11-29 04:50 PM ]
The Brotherhood of Knights of the Mystic Sea

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2010-11-30 07:52:03 |Display all floors
In China buy a Buick

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2010-11-30 09:35:46 |Display all floors
and Hire a Driver

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.