Author: baofeng

Why do Westerners hate Muslims? [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2010-11-4 04:32:03 |Display all floors
Originally posted by kyosan at 2010-11-4 04:16
JFenix;
You seem to be on a mission to denigrate Islam. There is no justification for your behavior and I don't want to argue with you about it anymore because there is nothing more to be said. I' ...

Why do we need to walk in a straight line?

Chao Ren VFP

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-4 04:36:23 |Display all floors
Originally posted by fredius at 2010-11-3 22:42
You don't know a sh-t about Islam, you make no distinction between Islam in Persia, Arabian countries, Indonesia ...

But I do.  I know there are differences in asia and in europe.  But even that is not to be taken as a given anymore.  Did you see my article on chechyna and the veil?

Originally posed by fredius at 2010-11-3 22:42
By your ignorance, you stigmatise 23% of the world's population without trying to understand why they see you, the USA, as a threat. We actualy all see the US as a potential threat and it is deserved. The US foreign policy set the world in fire.

I don't deny the US is a threat or the right for people to believe that.  They should.  As long as we depend upon oil in the ME, the US is going to have dealings and  they are not going to be all good.

Despite the permanent mess done all around the world by US pharmaceutical, oil, agricultural, weaponry or financial lobbies/industries, despite the huge financial crisis and the stupid environmental policy Instigated by your country, you still not accept to be hated?

I really don't care if people hate.  I don't think my country is perfect and all my life I have been active politically to support change or denounce wars.  It's all I can do.  I'm not going to carry the guilt of everything the US has done on my shoulders like kyosan.  I understand the issues but feeling shame is not going to change policy....determination will.

Well, it is maybe the time for introspection.
You "hate their attitude toward women"? Well, we all hate the attitude of the US toward the world.

Then shout about it.  Try to do something that will make a constructive change.  Urge your leaders to stand up to US policy.  But no one has the right to complain if they don't want to take any actions to improve things.

Let me give you an exemple... Right now,  Monsanto and the US conduct dangerous genetic engineering trials in India which violate all the local democratic and ecological norms. It put in danger whole areas and their population. What do you expect to get in return? Love from India?

Do you have a thread on this?  I would like to hear more about it.

Bla bla bla... "I hate their attitude toward women".
Bloody 2 neurones Americans......

None of what you mentioned above has given me any cause not to hate musIim attitudes towards women.
I am female.  How else can I view it?  I try to put myself in their shoes and it's a nightmarish thought.  I can't feel enough for these poor women.
Why is it a sin to be a woman?  To be feminine?  To be beautiful?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-4 04:40:08 |Display all floors
Originally posted by 1584austin at 2010-11-3 13:32

Why do we need to walk in a straight line?

Chao Ren VFP

There's a difference between not walking in a straight line and acting like a complete a$$.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-4 04:47:21 |Display all floors
BTW, since when did arizona have any yankees?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-4 04:59:08 |Display all floors

Is it only americans that are not allowed to be critical?

Taslima Nasrin grew up in a Muslim household in Bangladesh. Her mother was quite observant, her father less so. So, while Islam was a part of her childhood, it wasn’t a huge part. Nasrin says when she got older she read a copy of the Qur’an in her native tongue; after doing so she decided Islam was not a religion she could believe in and left the faith. As she grew into adulthood and began working as a gynecologist, Nasrin says she began to see Islam as an oppressive thing…something that did little to secure the rights of women.

“Before, I blamed the Islamic fundamentalists or any kind of religious fundamentalists because they are all against women,” said Nasrin. “But now, I blame the system which made the people fundamentalists.”

Separation Of Religion And State

Now, she doesn’t blame the people of the Taliban, she blames society for a lack of options. The system which she speaks of, the children have no other choice but to get a fundamentalist education, where they are taught the Koran and that you will go to heaven if you kill non-believers and women.

Nasrin says that religion and state should be separate and that these scriptures are out of place in the 21st century. “Religions were created a long time ago. Those religious scriptures can be historical documents. If people want to believe in religion, it is his or her personal matter…Education should be secular and criticism should be allowed.”

Her writing has inflamed governments and gotten her thrown out of Bangladesh and India. The fundamentalists in those countries did not like her books and hated her, she said. She was shocked when she was thrown out of India, the world’s largest democracy. “I didn’t get any support from any political party because they have a minority Muslim appeasement policy and they wanted to please Muslims to get votes and didn’t care to protect a secular writer.”

Nasrin firmly states that if Islam is going to progress it should allow criticism.

========================================================================

By screaming 'tolerance' you are denying these people the opportunity to encourage choices or reform.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2010-11-4 04:59:27 |Display all floors
Originally posted by kyosan at 2010-11-4 04:40

There's a difference between not walking in a straight line and acting like a complete a$$.

That's true, it's a good job a few of us are sane on this Forum

Chao Ren VFP

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-4 05:02:44 |Display all floors
Tell me you can look at this face and not feel anything for this woman.  

BTW - this book is available online
000.jpg

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.