Author: JFenix

French pensioner 'attacked MusIim woman over veil' [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-10-30 07:04:03 |Display all floors
Originally posted by kyosan at 2010-10-30 05:44

Following the Islamic dress code is not abuse if a woman does it of her own free will.

The story in this thread is an example of violence committed against a woman for following the Islamic dr ...

It's total abuse...at least the burka is.  It's dehumanizing.  I don't care if they are doing it from their own free will.  Like I mentioned earlier, we wouldn't feel the same if we saw a women in a ball-gag and other bondage gear walking our streets.  That might be her lifestyle choice as well.  Should we respect that?  The only thing that is different here is that the burka is tied to religion and therefor seen as 'religious freedom'.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-10-30 07:08:06 |Display all floors

Reply #53 JFenix's post

get serious

or

get smart
The Brotherhood of Knights of the Mystic Sea

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-10-30 07:08:28 |Display all floors
veils produce warts

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-10-30 07:09:03 |Display all floors
Originally posted by blueskies88 at 2010-10-30 07:08
get serious

or

get smart

I'm totally serious.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-10-30 07:13:35 |Display all floors
Frogs should invest in Dr. Scholl's wart removal cream

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-10-30 14:27:27 |Display all floors
Originally posted by JFenix at 2010-10-29 14:34

Again, I don't have respect for a piece of clothing that divides women into 'those we can respect' and 'those we with no respect'.  It's not about the women wearing them, but what it all stands ...

And you fail to see the hypocrisy in this statement. If you don't respect these women because they wear a veil is that any better than others who don't respect them because they don't wear a veil? In both cases they are being discriminated again just because of their choice of clothing.

It's ironic because you are very much like the people who you hate so much, the people who would force a woman to wear a veil.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-10-30 18:12:54 |Display all floors

Where is Petera

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.