Author: timbatu

Does God Bring Peace? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-10-28 05:52:03 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 26-10-2010 04:31

Could you expand on the theoreme of yours highlighted in red, please?

It certainly stands out as somewhat at variance with the expeirence of the vast majority of citizens.

Sure I can expand on that - unlike you I am willing to back up what I say instead of inane non answer/discussion you post. You are clearly intellectually bankrupt.

The god I was brainwashed with was all powerful - omnipotent - he supported only the Hebrews and vanquished any who dared oppose them.

The first act of savagery was the mythical parting of the Red Sea to allow the mythical Moses to lead the never enslaved Hebrews from Egypt. Look it up.

From there the story line goes on about a slaugtherfest with the armies of god (the Hebrews of course) marching to victory against all comers - with god even making the Sun stay in one place in the heavens until the Hebrews had time to slaugther all the enemy they were fighting.

Along the way we have various little nasties such as the destruction of cities and all withing them such as Jericho, Sodom and Gomorrah - and lets not forget turning people into pillars of salt.

This is the line of "bi-bull" stories that I was brainwashed with as a vulnerable child - these were the stories used to PUT THE FEAR OF GOD into little children - and probably still are today - albeit the religious cults did realise that the OT was becoming so obviously a laughing stock among the educated that they evolved into the NT and the personified deity in the guise of the mythical Jesus.

Religious belief survives when the besotted accept the religious ma as truth - never study reality and never study natural history or science - it survives because there is always the next crop of vulnerable innocent little children to brainwash and put the fear of god into - there is always the weak minded naive and vulnerable adults who will always accept the lies about some mythicla magician that gives them a warm fuzzy feeling when the harsh reality of the world makes them turn to drugs and booze.

Ok - I have expanded on what I said which by the way was not a theorem but a statement of fact - so try to remeber that on CD there are some pople reading the threads who are trying to learn the english language. In future try to use the correct word.

Now it is your turn - I asked you to expand on your statement to which you responded with a non answer and a weak attempt to deflect the truth. And don't forget the crapolla about god started long before the new age theme of the mythical Jesus.

Man created god before god created man
Man created god before god created man and the world has been in turmoil ever since. Dots freak some people out - so they join them with lines that aren't really there.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-10-28 06:04:03 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tomcampbell at 28-10-2010 07:48
Listen to these letters, written by ex christians who since abandoned their faith! See how happy they are:

"Dear Richard, I am an Italian musician and musicologist. I want to express my gra ...

There is a fantastic book written by Joseph McCabe - he was a catholic priest who dared to ask questions - for that they expelled him from the church and tried to destroy him.

A terrific expose of religion and religious belief.

He wrote several books - one titled "THE EXISTENCE OF GOD" another titled "THE EVOLUTION OF MIND" and another called "THE NEW SCIENCE AND THE STORY OF EVOLUTION"

All are recommended reading for all who think and seek the truth. They are a bit old now as they were published during the 1930s and created quite a stir back then - the church raised merry hell and threatened to boycott any publishing house that handled the books. The US actually banned them. When that happens you know there are some truths they do not want in the public domain

Man created god before god created man
Man created god before god created man and the world has been in turmoil ever since. Dots freak some people out - so they join them with lines that aren't really there.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-10-28 19:49:53 |Display all floors
Are  you Chinese, Kong

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-10-28 20:23:08 |Display all floors

when man is at peace with God there is peace

when men war with God, there is no peace

wars are the result of men warring with God, which leads to men warring against men

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-10-28 21:07:53 |Display all floors
Originally posted by matthew5_3 at 2010-10-28 20:23
when men war with God, there is no peace

wars are the result of men warring with God, which leads to men warring against men

A lie told often enough does not become true matthew.

Christianity may be true for you...

But that makes no sense. How can something be true for you but not for anyone else? Something is either true or it is not.

The catholic church lost 1 million members in 10 years in the Czech Republic alone. I suppose god was asleep?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-2 22:06:27 |Display all floors

All depends on how you look at it.

Personally I don't believe there is some old guy with white hair and a long cane governing my fate, no. However, that said, nothing of great complexity builds itself, and the more complex, the less likely it is that it will exist on it's own. The simple creation of DNA, and it's evolution into life, well the odds are so against this happening that they make the odds of winning the lottery look really good. Take into account how much more complex the world is than the formation of life, then how much more complex the solar galaxy is then our world, then how much more complex the universe is then our galaxy. I suppose you're beginning to get the picture.

Such opinions as there is "nothing" this, or "nothing" that, seem to me to come from people who live unexamined lives. If you have the depth of insight and courage to look deeper, you will begin to see all of the myriads of connections between things, and that the sheer and utter complexity of it all did not occur by chance, or by itself. One only need look at our own small world, which is a reflection of the larger galaxy and universe, to understand that things like Nuclear power plants, cars, and computers don't build themselves. The world and the universe are infinitely more complicated then these things, and we all know from our own experience that things of such complexity are not self created. That would not be possible.

All this begs the question, "How did it all come to be?"

The answer, I have no idea. I do know this though, I will not be so arrogant as to say I have the answer, by claiming there is no this, or no that. No, there is most certainly more than I, or science, will ever be able to figure out, because everything we rely on so heavily to give us answers are simply tools of logic and reason, tools of our own creation. There are some things that are bigger then us, and that these tools just can't fathom or explore. It would be like trying to turn a nut with a flat head screwdriver, no chance.

Is there a God? Big question, and depends on your point of view as to what the answer might be. I do know there has to be "something" as such complexity does not create itself. What that something is, or what you might want to call it, is up for grabs. Personally I don't know the answer, I only know that there has to be something, I'm not arrogant or foolish enough to suggest other wise.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-5-20 10:22:33 |Display all floors
The concept of Ghod is man-made. It is used to intimidate the mass and fight wars.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.