Author: timbatu

Does God Bring Peace? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-10-27 23:27:36 |Display all floors
Patria est ubicunque bene/Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-10-27 23:38:38 |Display all floors
Originally posted by whitelady at 2010-10-27 22:03

Couldn't find one because you never read the whole book.  Read it and then you'll see.
Or maybe you are just too focused on what your ideas are that you turn a blind eye to what you are readin ...

There are some stories that I like in there like the one about the impoverished old woman and her donation, the healings, etc.
But most of the stories they have for children in the books have violent under-tones.  Noah's ark?  Jonah and the Whale?  even Adam & Eve.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-10-27 23:43:20 |Display all floors
Originally posted by timbatu at 2010-10-24 21:40
See the intensity and persistency of the wars in the world: they are clashes between different ethnic people of different cultures and or religions.

You should realise by now that there is no such thing as god, only the weak minded and manipulated take part in such time wasting activites and so become cannon fodder for the sadistic meglamaniacs who profess about holy wars, I include all religions the Christians being the worst offenders. funny how this god cannot manage money or without it, all seeing all mighty but the bullsh*t entity just cant handle money.

maybe they mistook some alien visitor for a god.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-10-28 00:00:42 |Display all floors
Adults with imaginary friends are dangerous

God is dead

long live atheism , there is no god

accept it
the bible is only right about ONE thing:
the truth will set you free

stop being deluded.

There is NO god.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-10-28 01:43:15 |Display all floors

only INCHOATER would say somethin like that...

coz i believe in me, and me believin in my ownself  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-10-28 05:26:56 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tomcampbell at 28-10-2010 02:00
Adults with imaginary friends are dangerous

God is dead

long live atheism , there is no god

accept it
the bible is only right about ONE thing:
the truth will set you free

stop being d ...

Well said
Man created god before god created man and the world has been in turmoil ever since. Dots freak some people out - so they join them with lines that aren't really there.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-10-28 05:48:32 |Display all floors
Listen to these letters, written by ex christians who since abandoned their faith! See how happy they are:

"Dear Richard, I am an Italian musician and musicologist. I want to express my gratitude for all your teachings and for having awakened me to the light of reason. Your books helped me to abandon completely the religious ideas with which I was brought up. Since the moment I left all supernatural illusions, I started to live a better life. Thanks again, Marco Targa"

"Although I was raised a Catholic (don't worry, I've had years of therapy and I'm better now), I could never believe in the existence of gods. My bain is simply not wired that way. However, it wasn't until I found Richard Dawkins and by extension Sam Harris, Christopher Hitchens, Daniel Dennett, et al that I found the courage to start speaking out and make myself known as an "atheist" (I prefer anti-theist but that's another story). Thank you all so much for showing me that it's okay to say "gods don't exist now stop worrying and enjoy your lives"."

I love this line: "There is probably no god, so stop worrying and enjoy your life"!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.