Views: 12807|Replies: 37

Let's Have An Open, Honest, Mature Discussion About Liu Xiaobo [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-10-9 18:20:19 |Display all floors
Let's have an open, honest, mature discussion about Liu Xiaobo.

I mean, as a foreigner, I don't know that much about him, so I'm not going to make any general opinions about him until I learn more.

So, can we start this discussion by someone explaining to me, in detail, exactly what he has specifically done to land himself in prison for 11 years? Then we can continue our discussions from there and hopefully get to the bottom of all of this. :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-10-9 18:20:54 |Display all floors

NOT INTERESTED.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-10-9 18:24:12 |Display all floors
ok, that's good if you're not interested, no need to post anything then, simple.

I however am very interested to know what this is all about, which is why I posted it. I'm interested whenever there is tension between 'the west' and China, what is causing it, and whether we can find some kind of solution through open, honest, mature discussion.

When I say 'the west' however, I use the term very loosely as most western nations are made up of all races and cultures these days anyway. But anyway, lets not focus on that, let's stick to the topic at hand.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-10-9 18:36:41 |Display all floors
Originally posted by matthew5_3 at 2010-10-9 18:20

You are a Christian ...

and you are not interested if a fellow human  being thrown into prison for such a long time, being separated from his loved ones ?

Where are your "Christian values" ???

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-10-9 18:57:53 |Display all floors

Nobel Prizes

They just don't mean much anymore and that's assuming they ever did. Didn't Obama get one almost before he even started?

I think this is another one of those 'lose face' situations all kinds of Asians have a real problem with not that we find it overly stimulating ourselves.

At least in China or Russia if you buck the leaders too much, it's the Gulag whether you're rich or poor.

I have no idea what this person did nor why it rates the worlds attention so much.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-10-9 19:02:57 |Display all floors
Don't mean much ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-10-9 19:18:33 |Display all floors

the basic issue is not apparent

what is offered, by entraining moral outrage, is polarisation of adherents of different forms of collectivism into their respective camps

in the red corner, Chinese characteristics, in the blue corner, Western characteristics

the outcome is the same, promotion of collectivist attitude

the real issue, for which we have seen no prize winners, is that there are too many people for the resources at hand, for all to industrialise to an ideal standard of living
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.