Author: ilearnabc

Do You Fear about Death? [Copy link] 中文

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2010-5-31 15:48:29 |Display all floors
feared?I am damn horribly scared:'(
I really    love China,半个 中国 人

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-5-31 15:59:10 |Display all floors
sometimes i wonder if we arent simply too vain .. for thousands of years people have faced death, and went quietly and reverently down to their grave.. but today i believe we are people most afraid of dying, more than anyone who ever lived on the earth. we dont want to die, we cant imagine giving up this life, we cant imagine a world without ourselves, we are deathly afaid of our own afterlife, and lifein the spirit world as a spirit, in another dimension of the universe. we fear whats going to happen to us, cant imagine giving up all we have, we can hardly imagine anything better than the life we have. we worry the next life wont be as cool or convenient or stimulating as this one. we cant imagine giving up our contacts lists, our digital friends, our social activities full of amazing technology. we dont want it to end, we dont want to down to our graves.

by contrast, ancient people, up to 200 years ago, 50 even, have been burdened with hardship, disease, plague, famine, an extremely difficult life of labor, no electricity, no refrigeration, no mass transit, no cars, let alone everything we have today.. they often outlived several of their children, their very lives dependent on the seasons and rains and weather, struggling for their lives, fulfilled everything possible to do in their lives at their homes (unable to fly around the world in a day), viewing their lives as a peaceful rest. Having lived their lives like their ancestors, they lied down in the earth secure in same passing as the entire lineage of their forefathers.

living close to their gods and deity, each and every ancient, down to the last 50 years, they were relieved and confident they were leaving this life to a better place, a place free from their pains & toils.  

we dont want to give up our xbox, computer, car, lives of luxury & leisure. technological marvels have given us reliance and faith in medicine & science, rather than in Deity, spirits, and other things from the life beyond which we all must join.  they are foreign to us, we are strangers to them, and they to us. we dont live our lives in gratitude, awe, marvel, humility, fear, and prayer as the ancients all had to. People telling people there arent gods and a spirit world makes them far worse off and even more distant & foreign.

"nobody says they don't believe in God, who isn't a liar"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-5-31 16:02:57 |Display all floors
I have to say i am scare about death..
As i`m a student, i still have not gone into the society..
I have not engaged in the outside world..
I don`t want to die if i just alive in this short time in the world.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2010-5-31 22:39:17 |Display all floors
Originally posted by austin.pun at 2010-5-31 16:02
I have to say i am scare about death..
As i`m a student, i still have not gone into the society..
I have not engaged in the outside world..
I don`t want to die if i just alive in this short time ...

You chose a good username to get very well respected on this Forum

Chao Ren VFP

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-1 09:02:44 |Display all floors
now all u need as an equally respectable avatar.. one with 2 gay guys in a bathtub that flashes the words "i'm making ass bubbles, austin" would about do it

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-29 07:43:20 |Display all floors
up

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-30 00:20:22 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.