Views: 3298|Replies: 7

Those women who marry gays [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-4-9 13:24:37 |Display all floors
If I were a gay, I would not marry a woman. I have suffered too much pain, how can I draw another innocent girl into darkness?

As the article said, 90% of gays in China marry, which means 25m women are wives of gays. In America, 15-20% of gays marry women.

It’s not only a problem of legitimacy. Even though the law in China allows gay marriage, I don’t think the fact can be too better. Marriage in China is not a responsibility to yourself, but to your parents and family. You ancestor will open their eyes beneath the earth if you don’t have issues.

It’s just like Arab women rights movement. You know who are the most against it? The women.

Without a long-time conversion of moral conception, China cannot be ready for gay marriage.

Homosexuality in China
Collateral damage
Neither comrades nor spouses

Love often means having to say you’re sorry

“THERE are three ways of being an unfilial son,” argued Mencius, an ancient Confucian philosopher. “The most serious is to have no heir.” The desire for male descendants has had many baleful consequences in China, and in recent years one that used to be hidden has come to light. Millions upon millions of women are trapped in loveless and often miserable marriages to homosexual men. Thanks to the internet their cries for help have been heard widely enough in mainstream culture to earn their plight a commonly accepted abbreviation. They are known as “tongqi”, combing the words “tongzhi”, or comrade, Chinese slang for “gay”, with “qizi”, meaning “wife” in Mandarin.

It is estimated that 15-20% of gay men in America marry heterosexual women. But Liu Dalin, a pioneering sexologist now retired from the University of Shanghai, has put the share in China at 90%. If so, the number of tongqi in China may be as high as 25m. Li Yinhe, a sociologist at the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, explains this in almost the same terms as Mencius: “The name for a family without descendants is juehu, which means ‘a house that is severed’. That is considered the biggest tragedy and causes huge pain.”

But so do many tongqi unions. Mrs Li explains why she thinks a woman should never marry a gay man: “Their husbands don’t want to look them in the eyes. They’re not willing to get close to them or touch their bodies. This is a huge blow to a woman’s sense of self-worth.”

But Mrs Li cannot see change coming soon, so strong is China’s family-dominated culture. “If tongqi marriages become a thing of the past,” she says, “then the last country in which that will happen will be China.”

http://www.economist.com/world/a ... m?story_id=15731324
上传图片.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-9 13:45:35 |Display all floors
Wow there are larry craig and GW bush/Jeff Gannon in China too?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-9 14:22:33 |Display all floors
Originally posted by lovethemho at 2010-4-9 13:45
Wow there are larry craig and GW bush/Jeff Gannon in China too?

George W. Bush, is he?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-11 10:20:49 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2010-4-9 21:31
It's the fault of China's narrow Confucianist male chauvinists. If they were a little less uptight, the tiny gay minority could lead a happy life without going through the face-saving charade of a  ...

A little less uptight and the tiny gay minority becomes a huge gay minority. No, thanks.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-11 10:27:32 |Display all floors
tragic, or what

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-11 20:56:20 |Display all floors
Confucian ethics are terrible, yet more proof of it. At the end of endless classes on East Asian philosophy, that was the conclusion I had and the more I read about its real consequences the more I'm convinced that it's a blight upon the Earth.

Another Cultural Revolution is needed. Burn all Confucian texts! Deny Confucius existed! Punish the teachers of this wretched philosophy! Destroy every mention of it to be found!
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-11 21:03:31 |Display all floors

who made who...

nobody's born GAY and they must come out of the closet to prove themselves that they're not so...that's why we see this event taken place right infront of the cityhall marriage bereau buildin  

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.