Author: polaris1120

Should KFC appologize? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-4-12 10:58:44 |Display all floors
I realise I am weighing into this debate a little late but here' s my two cents.

KFC and Maccas etc is junkfood. There is no doubt about it. If you want good food, get your mum to cook or eat in a corner restaurant. Not a mass produced slop house, domesitic or introduced.
They have highly effective marketing strats to induce the stupid and naieve into their premisis.
Unlike a lot of chinese places where I ate they "do" provide food quickly, with a minimum of fuss and with a reasonable amount of professional courtesy.

Now, I also know that if I had a business and someone turned up with fake coupons to an advertised special I would turn them away, the customer is not honouring the spirit of the offer.
What some of the forumites are saying about Chinese "80%" specials also rings true to me, and I get really tired of it when I spend time in China.

Simple solution. No specials in KFC China, pay 100% of the price 100% of the time or else go and eat at Mr.Lee's noodle bar, it tastes better even if the service is worse.

And for all the fools who buy into marketing hype, you deserve to get ripped off for being goons.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-12 13:01:22 |Display all floors
This is starting to sound like the argument about pirated copies of the Windows OS and the WGA. In other words ... childish.

Both KFC and McD's are franchised. It's not the fault of the the Parent corporation, it's a problem with the franchise, which I might add, and which, so many of you seem to selectively remember, is owned, and operated by, a Chinese person. Not a foreigner.

Also, it seems that a few of you don't seem to know the definition of 'junk food'. ANY food which is eaten too often can be called junk food. Not just 'fast food'.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-12 13:33:41 |Display all floors

Was it on original or extra crispy rice?

They probably should have gone ahead and given the 4 billion Chinese that showed up with coupons a discount even though only around a thousand were legitimate.

They should have easily known this would happen.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-12 19:49:48 |Display all floors

In an Islamic Jannah

Originally posted by petera at 2010-4-11 20:54
In a democratic world the multinational junk food giants would be banished.

we will eat camel shashlik

(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-13 14:05:35 |Display all floors
anybody knows whether KFC apologized?
I am a Beijing girl.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-13 16:20:54 |Display all floors
It's rather a silly question... They already have apologized:
"KFC is sorry for the disturbance. If consumers insist that their coupons are from official sources, they are required to show evidence."

People shouldn't be upset at KFC, they should be upset with those unscrupulous people who have constantly made China lose face, by illegally forging, pirating and copying.

I think it is pretty simple... Would you expect KFC to accept every coupon that came into the store, knowing that there were more coupons being turned in than were created to begin with?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-13 16:44:01 |Display all floors
Originally posted by khdavis at 2010-4-13 18:20
People shouldn't be upset at KFC, they should be upset with those unscrupulous people who have constantly made China lose face, by illegally forging, pirating and copying....

Those people must be related to those Chinese shop owners in Milano who, some years ago, rioted when they were required to follow the traffic rules which apply to everyone else in that Italian city.
I seem to recall that nationalism was raised then too, as if those Chinese business owners were being unfairly targetted by racist Italians.

Now we read that an evil American junk food company is refusing to honour counterfeit coupons.
Goodness me, they probably would also refuse to accept counterfeit cash too !
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.