Views: 15243|Replies: 27

Shanghai Expo VS Beijing Olympic Games [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-4-8 11:10:54 |Display all floors
Two years later after the China held its first big international event in Beijing---2008 Olympic Games, Shanghai the finiancial center of China will held its second big event- World Expo.

Cuase the Beijing Olympics is the first one and people are always full of passion in the first time

As one guy who once witnessed and enjoyed the Beijing Olympic Games, i am less passionate about the upcoming Shanghai Expo.

Such a feeling is commonly existing in most people's mind who have enjoyed the Olympic Games, exept the Shanghai residents.

for me,  i really do not care what is going on about the Shanghai Expo.
and maybe, Shanghai Expo will be the Shanghai's event that would attract much less attentions from the whole nation.

anywat, i don't care about it

[ Last edited by tamson at 2010-4-8 11:12 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-8 12:37:35 |Display all floors
I think that the World Expo is more meaningful than the Olympic Games. Actual the Olympic Games is a sports event, but the World Expo is about all kinds of vocation, and it will be hold half a year, much longer than the Olympic Games, and more people will enjoy it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-8 14:56:54 |Display all floors
bu i just lack enough passion to visit that Expo center.
also i have heard that there will be 400,000 visitors per day. that is so crowded

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-8 15:08:49 |Display all floors
What the government won't tell you - because part of the reason for the event is to bolster national esteem (in a global perspective) - is that across the world, the World Expo has no reputation, that no one really pays its any attention, and very very few people could actually tell you in which city it is going to be held (even if they know it is going to be held).

Globally speaking, the Beijing Olympics was a far far far bigger event - and a job well done.

[ Last edited by zhiran at 2010-4-8 03:10 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-8 15:57:14 |Display all floors
Yep, last week mentioned the Expo to some friends/biz partners and the asked "What?". Some of them travel to China during the Expo but they have no intention to visit it. Hardly anybody cares about it outside China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-8 17:31:39 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tamson at 2010-4-8 11:10
anywat, i don't care about it.

Yet you care enough about it to think about it and open a new thread.
您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-8 20:20:16 |Display all floors
From pictures I've seen, the Expo looks pretty spectacular.  I'm excited to go see it, probably in Autumn.  :)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.