Here is a song for you guys, written by Green Day - tell me what you think:  

"American Idiot"

Don't want to be an American idiot.
Don't want a nation under the new media
And can you hear the sound of hysteria?
The subliminal mind ---- America.

Welcome to a new kind of tension.
All across the alien nation.
Where everything isn't meant to be okay.
Television dreams of tomorrow.
We're not the ones who're meant to follow.
For that's enough to argue.

Well maybe I'm the faggot America.
I'm not a part of a redneck agenda.
Now everybody do the propaganda.
And sing along to the age of paranoia.

Don't want to be an American idiot.
One nation controlled by the media.
Information age of hysteria.
It's calling out to idiot America.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-6 09:35:18 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-6 15:31:16 |Display all floors

Every Industry Has Self-Regulation, Except American Media

You know why?  It is called "information imperialism".

MONEY is really MORE IMPORTANT than FREEDOMS.

Censorship is not withholding truth.  It is propagating what is truth and suppressing what is untrue.   

When China is able to break the power of American information imperialism, China will be 100 per cent open.  That will be the time when China will also demand the US to be open - including opening up US secret archives concerning American political activities in China's Tibet from 1942 to 1972, and in Beijing and Shanghai and Hongkong and other cities around June 1989, and in Dharam.sala.m around from March 2007 to March 2008, and in Beijing again around Novermber 2008.  

In a good media organisation, a journalist who writes and publishes falsehood should be disciplined, pay a fine, or suspended,  if not sacked.

But American journalists can get free unscorched with writing all kinds of nonsense.

There is simple no self-regulation in this industry.

So when Americans sell their publications in Singapore, they get fined by the Singapore Government.  And I really love it when I see American media company getting sued and paying fines.  Don't you all love it?

They rather operate and earn money in Singapore than to fight for "media freedoms".  You see,

MONEY is really MORE IMPORTANT than FREEDOMS.

Western media that have been fined or restricted at least once in Singapore includes NYT, FEER, IHT, FT, Time, WSJ, Bloomberg, etc.  

We teach them how not to report or write what is untrue.  That includes demanding the "right of reply" in their newspaper space.

Don't you all love it?  

The truth about Google.cn is that it costs them a lot of money to maintain google.cn.  So they shut down the server but continue to make money in China. How to get google to QUIT china totally????

See the latest case in Singapore:

http://bbs.chinadaily.com.cn/vie ... page%3D1#pid1995038
Chinadaily BBS » News Talk» World Affairs Today» NY Times apologizes to Singapore's leaders

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-6 17:45:56 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2010-4-6 13:18

You seem to know more than anyone else when it comes to those Ui refugees. How come? Or do you belong to that U.S. mob that fanatically believes Muslims are bad company anywhere inthe world? Th ...

I had to get informed after 9/11.  I did this mainly by an indian intelligence source 'The South Asian Analysis Group' which has excellent information regarding terrorist groups.  That combined with jihadi sites - I read the jihad stories that came from the source.   There are real dangers, don't kid yourself.  Just look at Russia and what they have been going through.  So yeah, I do try to keep up on this.  One thing these groups try to do is to take moderate muslim groups such as those in bosnia and try to radicalize them.   Saudi Arabia is one of the largest contributors of aid to bosnia and they have been rebuilding mosques wahabbi-style.   That's not something you want for China I'm sure.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-6 17:46:50 |Display all floors
Can I not make an honest post to reply to people here?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-6 18:22:24 |Display all floors

Reply #55 matthew5_3's post

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-6 18:27:32 |Display all floors
Honestly almost every individual assumes that he/she is right and the others are wrong.

If every individual who would be given the "full power" to censor all others, each individual would censor in a different way and different items than all others.

Therefor it is best NOT to censor - maybe try to find a common denominator.

A single party - without any checks and balance - cannot find a common denominator for 1.3 billion people.

Only a democratically elected government could come close to cover a larger majority of people - to find a common denominator,

kept in check by a vigilant civil society and an independent supreme court.

[ Last edited by rockmybaby at 2010-4-6 06:31 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.