Author: Desaview

Censorship is good [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-4-7 01:16:38 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-7 02:33:20 |Display all floors
Fahrenheit 451 - Ray Bradbury - he was my favorite author as a kid!

No, I don't think China is evil like those movies.  I think China is afraid of losing control of the people.
Fear is why governments censor.

If you never read Ray Bradbury, I recommend him.  He has a way of describing the wonders of childhood.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-7 04:04:57 |Display all floors
Solvent Green is also a good movie.  I always think of  the end part where the guy is committing suicide.  While he is dying they show what america used to look like - with deer roaming the fields, nature, etc.  
It makes me want to preserve what we have - I would never want to see it all disappear like that man did.   That part of the movie has always stuck with me.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-7 04:38:51 |Display all floors

US Courts ok national censorship in America

Maybe Google left China because of government censorship? Comcast, one of America's largest Internet services
just today, won a suit against the US government so Comcast can now nationally censor the Internet.  Today, Net neutrality is against the law in the US.    Maybe Google will leave America because censorship is now legal in America.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-7 05:51:42 |Display all floors
Comcast is a cable company that provides internet access.  Not everyone uses comcast - I don't.  And they are not censoring topics or ideas - they are trying to stop peer-to-peer networking.  

In a January blog post, Rick Whitt, Google's Washington telecom and media counsel, wrote that net neutrality is needed "to keep the Internet awesome for everybody."

keep the internet awesome for everybody....google I love you!  fight the good fight!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-7 11:17:27 |Display all floors
Eunuchs are good.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-8 00:07:57 |Display all floors
But..but...censorship is supposed to filter out lies...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.