Author: zhoupu

Should China apologize for poison dumpling? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-4-3 06:33:03 |Display all floors

Expatter post #59

Originally posted by expatter at 2010-4-1 14:43
If you are on the left then you are a 'fool', if you are on the right you are in the middle and therefore correct ...
(paraphrased due to difficulty with quoting)

Not at all.
I don't recall being abused by Satsu (and to me he appears on the left of things) and I don't believe I have called Satsu a fool either.
I disagree most strongly with a lot Satsu's opinions, but he is capable of sensible debate, unlike that fool Northwest.
The "fools of the left" refer to those like Northwest who label middle of the road "liberals" as right wing racists etc.
The "sensible of the left" (if you like) are people more like Satsu and a few others who can engage in debate in a reasonably sensible way.

Originally posted by expatter at 2010-4-1 14:43
Let us take a look at your 'middle ground'.
Even though this is 2010 and China has made unbelieveable change, which I am sure you would not deny, the conversation is still, the GLF, the CR, 19-89 and the so-called elite 60 million party members.....

If you look at many debates, as soon as a comment is made about the delay in implementing legal or democratic reforms in China TODAY , then the subjects of the Opium wars, lack of democracy in colonial era Hong Kong, western migration and colonisation of the Americas ,etcetera, are raised.
When the sino-nazis distract from the issue with selective quoting of historical events, they are opening the debate to China's own history.
Do you feel that is justified, or are you a total hypocrite ?

[ Last edited by emucentral at 2010-4-3 08:37 AM ]
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-3 06:37:40 |Display all floors
Originally posted by emucentral at 2010-4-3 06:33
If you look at many debates, as soon as a comment is made about the delay in implementing legal or democratic reforms in China TODAY , then the subjects of the Opium wars, lack of democracy in colo ...

Emu,

Ask your anglo brothers gov to approve The United Nations Declaration on the Rig.hts of Indigenous Peoples, which 143 state members are in favor of  asap, before you throw  your fithy finger towards China.

Hypocrite.

[ Last edited by ilearnabc at 2010-4-3 06:45 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-3 06:48:48 |Display all floors
Originally posted by ilearnabc at 2010-4-3 08:37
Emu,
Ask your gov to approve The United Nations Declaration on the Rig.hts of Indigenous Peoples, which 143 state members are in favor of  asap, because you throws your fithy finger towar ...

We've covered this issue elsewhere.
Has China yet signed the UN declaration which condemns anti-gay laws ?

Has China signed CharterO8, which was created by Chinese citizens ?

Ignorant hypocrite arsehole !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-3 06:53:11 |Display all floors
Originally posted by emucentral at 2010-4-3 06:48

We've covered this issue elsewhere.
Has China yet signed the UN declaration which condemns anti-gay laws ?

Has China signed CharterO8, which was created by Chinese citizens ?

Ignorant hy ...

Are you a gay, Emu?

CharterO8 is not approved by a majority of Chinese citizens.  It was created by a tiny of Chinese outlaws, like your outlawed thugs of  forebears in the old days. Understand?

Some of your anglo brothers Quebec wants to be independent. So do you want to discuss it?

[ Last edited by ilearnabc at 2010-4-3 07:01 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2010-4-3 12:30:12 |Display all floors

emu #67

QUOTE: "I don't recall being abused by Satsu (and to me he appears on the left of things) and I don't believe................"

Yes, I don't believe that I discussed Satsu as an item, but rather discussed more generally here.
I concur that Satsu has a point of view and will argue it with diligence.

QUOTE: "If you look at many debates, as soon as a comment is made about the delay..............."

This is an axiom, and it is interesting and funny to see the discussions between Yourself and Liuyedao disintegrate into two old fish wives arguing.  

Most amusing.  

That is not to say that engaging socially for mutual amusement and oral abuse therapy does not have its merits.
There are some who come to this board who I think actually do so, just for the abuse.

However, I think the real point is, that it is foolish to allow a discussion to be sidetracked and held hostage,
and then indulging in the same.

Especially, when ad hominen is a large part of that argument.
If you claim the other person to be a fool.
Why join in and follow that path?
Unless................

I feel the problem with this phenomena is that it leads to over bloated generalizations,
and ever larger and wider exaggerated claims.
These will have no credible facts and basically amount to slander.
This then becomes the antithesis of the original topic.
Leaving all the hall marks of a dichotomy of extremist political wings.

There are several very good posters here who recognize these distractional moves,
and are able to keep the post in the less exotic and on topic.

I do not believe it matters if someone is right or left wing,
as long as they use a reasoned argument based on the topic with the relevant facts.

It is true, those who see themselves as innately correct may snigger at the others opinion,
but at least the argumentation should have its own merits.

Oh!, and of course, he who sniggers last, sniggers longest..................

I will leave it at that as I can see your next appointment has already arrived.   

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2010-4-3 14:58:52 |Display all floors

Strange?

My post timed 12:30 was in the filter for a log time.

But a post timed 12:38 by ilearnabc does not show.

Maybe this post will flip it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-3 18:38:11 |Display all floors
Originally posted by ilearnabc at 2010-4-3 08:53
Are you a gay, Emu?

It was a UN declaration. Maybe the UN is all gay ?

CharterO8 is not approved by a majority of Chinese citizens.  It was created by a tiny of Chinese outlaws, like your outlawed thugs of  forebears in the old days. Understand?

Oh, sorry, I missed reading the outcome of the Chinese national referendum on that issue.
Can you tell me where I'll find those results ?

Some of your anglo brothers Quebec wants to be independent. So do you want to discuss it?...

Actually, Quebec has been discussed at length.
Unlike Charter O8 the issue of Quebec independence has been to referenda, and both times the majority ofQuebecois have voted to stay a part of Canada.

Once again, your ignorance is proven.

Now, about those dumplings, should China apologise to Japan, after all the finger pointing and abuse China hurled at Japan over the accusations ?

[ Last edited by emucentral at 2010-4-3 08:39 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.