Views: 15095|Replies: 40

Volvo sale deal to Geely about to be inked! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-3-28 17:54:30 |Display all floors
Congratulations to Zhejiang Luqiao Geely Co.!

As one of your long term supplier and friend I am very happy for this news. We hope that you will strive for excellency as you did handeling a small business turned big!

P.S.: To all my friends in Luqiao, let you know that I am not changing my Mazda MX5 for a Volvo! hahahaha

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-28 18:21:12 |Display all floors

From motorcycles to Volvo passenger cars ...... ??

That is an undertaking challenge ... !!!
If we all think alike, ... then nobody is thinking.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-29 03:57:30 |Display all floors

Good marque, good cars

Ford nearly ran it to the ground.

But I am not so certain it is a good move unless there is a market for Volvos in China.
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-29 06:09:05 |Display all floors

#3 My personal opinion........

based on the comments of some of the top managers at Geely is that it is not so much about selling Volvo cars in China, where the sedan market has so many brands competing, but to gain presence, thru the much respected brand Volvo, in the interantional markets, mainly Europe.

This is clearly a win-win situation for both brands; Volvo will definetely save its production units in Europe by cutting on purchasing and operational costs. Geely will gain more customer respect being associated with the  Volvo brand, well known for manufacturing reliable and long durable vehicles.

Once again, it shows how dreams can come true if you work hard enough and focus on the final target and not the immediate results!

VISION.. - without action is only a dream. Action without vision is wasting time. Vision and action can change the world."- Confucius.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-29 06:32:26 |Display all floors

What's with Saab?

Originally posted by longzhou at 2010-3-29 06:09
based on the comments of some of the top managers at Geely is that it is not so much about selling Volvo cars in China, where the sedan market has so many brands competing, but to gain presence, th ...

Let's hope it works out for the best for Volvo and Geely.

What's happening with Saab? Run to ground by GM, I bet. Anything China can do there?
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-29 06:36:25 |Display all floors

why buy another foreign manufacturer...

china can build their own car (eventually just up to par with the german & japanese) and why not invest heavily in R&D and creatin own brands; just like lenovo is such a failure in the US computer market (the US gov't, corporations, institutions wont use lenovo...afraid of "spyin" game).  why buy & keep the foreign names alive when we can develop our own  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-29 06:53:25 |Display all floors

Brand names and inroads

Originally posted by youknowhat at 2010-3-29 06:36
china can build their own car (eventually just up to par with the german & japanese) and why not invest heavily in R&D and creatin own brands; just like lenovo is such a failure in the US c ...

Sure, China can make jeans, but they are not Levis.

Chinese wrist watches are value for money, but they are not Omega or Rolex.

Volvo and Saab have their own niche markets.
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.