wow!

Sweet potato vendors......

ha ha ha

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-31 14:07:25 |Display all floors

Reply #45 satsu_jin's post

I saw an exhibition 10 years ago in the Albert Khan Fundation of Paris, it was pictures of Beijing, mostly in black and white but color also (the first 3d colr pics, from the 20's).

It was fantastic to see so much diversified activites, so much different peoples (I admired the Mandzhou nobles women with fantastic costumes), even a french baker was seeling bread in beijing 100 years ago!.

For me, it was a fantastic city that let more diversified peoples living, working, giving the city a rich culture,  that nowaday shopping mall and white collar will never replace.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-31 14:16:05 |Display all floors

Reply #47 yasawakic's post

China's revival is back on the pipeline!

ha ha ha

Now still CATCHING UP, imagine 25% of China's population no TREATED PIPED WATER yet!
that's why the Yunnan fellow on their knees...
otherwise, it might affect the crop, but the citizen could still be using water by piped water by rationed supplied...

Just the Water, Sewage, Electricity, Gas supply for heating, Telecom connection, Internet connection at 100% would increase the Chinese GNP greatly!!!!!!

Gosh!

Patience....
Thank you for your concern of China's welfare!!!!

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-31 15:52:00 |Display all floors
The photos I refer to were taken  by air....you could see the old structure of Beijing...no ugly skyscrapers. Many European cities don`t allow high buildings to be build in the old center of a citiy to prevent the scenery be destroyed by those ugly modern things. Sure it was dirtier then but full of "character". The houses shouldn`t have been destroyed but been given a "make-over".

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-31 15:56:42 |Display all floors

Reply #49 Alex2010's post

many European cities has been UPGRADED with aid of modern materials.....

There are not in their really original condition.....
Have you visited Chinatown in Singapore....
I did not remember Chinatown in Kreta Air looking like that before....

ha ha ha

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2010-3-31 16:48:27 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Alex2010 at 2010-3-31 16:52

1. Many European cities don`t allow high buildings to be build in the old center of a citiy to prevent the scenery be destroyed by those ugly modern things
Copy code

Neither does Beijing. Within 2 km -or is it more, not sure - no structure is allowed to be higher than buildings within the 'Forbidden City'.

Fortunately this rule does not apply for the whole of Beijing.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-31 18:10:05 |Display all floors
The culture is always ignored in China.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.