wag the dog.jpg

wag-the-dog1.wma

70.99 KB, Downloads: 202

wag-the-dog2.wma

336.44 KB, Downloads: 218

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2010-5-10 19:45:25 |Display all floors
1.well, yes, but our guy (president) did brought peace. yes, but that wasn't a war. All the greater accomplishment.
2. Why do we go to war?
I'll play your silly games.
why do they go to the war?
to ensure their way of life.
Would you go to war to do that? I have.
if you went to war,who is it going to be against? Haa.. Your ability to fight a 2-ocean war against who, who? sweden and Togo? That time has past. Tt's over. The war in future is nuclear terrorism. It is and it will be against a small group of dissidents who, unbeknownst, perhaps, to their own government, have blah, blah, blah. And to go to that war, you've got to be prepared. You got to be alert, and the public got to be alert because that is the war of the future. If you not gearing up to fight that war, eventually the axe will fall. You can out of street. You're gonna be out in the street. And you can call this a drill, or you can call this is job security. or you can call it anything you like. but i got one for you; you said, go to the war to protect your way of life. Well, Chunk, this is your way of life.
And if your spy stallite don't see nothing, there ain't no waq? then you can go home, and prematurely take up golf, my friend. Cause there is no war but ours.

++++
wag:
"Why does a dog wag its tail?" "to wag" a  tail is to move it back and forth which dogs do when they're happy. If the tail is waging the dog, the implication is that the dog is being manipulated or being made to look foolish.
"the ax will fall" An "ax" is a sharp metal tool for cutting trees, and if "the ax falls," this means that the conswquences or results of your actions have arrived.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-5-14 09:28:07 |Display all floors
movie quote from Shooter2007

1.wma

964.86 KB, Downloads: 199

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-5-14 09:29:06 |Display all floors

shooter2007

shooter.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-5-16 18:02:32 |Display all floors

shooter2007

I need to plan a presidential assassination. whose president? ours. I didn't say excecute. Plan, so it can be stopped. there's gonna be attemp on the life of the president in the next 2 weeks. code was broken on an anonymous transmission. It was internal. We can't go to usual angencies. the government itself has been penetrated. The president has 3 public engagements during that time, on Baltimore, Fhiladelfhia and Washington D.C. Stardard secret service protective cordon is out to 880 yards. But this intercpet claims that the shot will be taken from beyond a mile. We need you to scout, tell us how you would do it. So we could stop it. I'm not entirely convinced that a host like this could made. But let's not take the chance. Your longer shots were neverconfirmed. That's because shots generally go places you wouldn't wanna have to go afterwards to confirm them. confirmation's a desk pogue's problem. You know what it takes to make a shot at that range.
Everyting comes into play that far. Humidity, elevation, temperature, wind, spinddrift. There's a 6 to 10 second flight time so you have to shoot at where the target's going to be. Even the coriolis effect, the spin of the earth, comes into play. President'll be wearing body armour, That means a headshot at over a mile. you believe there's shooter involved capable of making this shot? Yes. well, then you got a real problem. you need to find the shooter. That's being worked on from another direction.  We need you to do this. dont really like the president much. didnt like the one before that much either. You like the idea of president? Liviing in a free country? Do we allow american to be ruled by thugs? Sure, some years we do. I believe you stood before a flag and solemnly swore that you'd suport and defend the consituition of the united states for against all enemies, foreign and domestic. I think your 5 minutes is up. listen to me, son. I dont want you to turn on the TV next week, and see see the president dead, and know you could've done sth about it. dont do that to yourself.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-5-24 07:41:39 |Display all floors
movie quote from The Prestige2006
the-prestidge2006.jpg

2.wma

812.08 KB, Downloads: 182

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-5-24 07:43:07 |Display all floors
Every great magic trick consists of three parts or acts. The first part is called "The Pledge". The magician shows you something ordinary: a deck of cards, a bird or a man. He shows you this object. Perhaps he asks you to inspect it to see if it is indeed real, unaltered, normal. But of course... it probably isn't. The second act is called "The Turn". The magician takes the ordinary something and makes it do something extraordinary. Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled. But you wouldn't clap yet. Because making something disappear isn't enough; you have to bring it back. That's why every magic trick has a third act, the hardest part, the part we call "The Prestige"."

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.