Author: 468259058

movie quotes study - 学习电影对话 [Copy link] 中文

Gold Medal September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2010-4-24 18:08:49 |Display all floors

Wall-Street3.wma

The richest 1 percent of this country own half of our country's wealth, 5 trillion dollars.  1/3 of that comes from hard work. 2/3 comes from inheritance. Interest on interest accumulated by widiows and idiot sons. And what i do, stock and real estate speculation. it's bull----. You get 90 percent of the American public with little or no net worth. I create nothing. I own. You make the rule, pal. The news, peace, famine, upheaval, the price of a paperclip. We pick that hibit out of the hat whilte everybody wonders how the hell we did it. You are not naive to think we're living in a democracy. Are you, budy? It is the free market, and you're part of them. yeah, You got that Killer instinct. stick around, pal. I got a lot to teach you.
+++++
upheaval is violent social unrest.
killer instinct is the intense desire or drive to win at any cost, no matter how badly somebody else gets hurt.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-24 18:13:18 |Display all floors

Wall-Street3.wma

The richest 1 percent of this country own half of our country's wealth, 5 trillion dollars.  1/3 of that comes from hard work. 2/3 comes from inheritance. Interest on interest accumulated by widiows and***sons. And what i do, stock and real estate speculation. it's bull----. You get 90 percent of the American public with little or no net worth. I create nothing. I own. You make the rule, pal. The news, peace, famine, upheaval, the price of a paperclip. We pick that hibit out of the hat whilte everybody wonders how the hell we did it. You are not naive to think we're living in a democracy. Are you, budy? It is the free market, and you're part of them. yeah, You got that Killer instinct. stick around, pal. I got a lot to teach you.
+++++
upheaval is violent social unrest.
killer instinct is the intense desire or drive to win at any cost, no matter how badly somebody else gets hurt.
****代表chinadaily屏蔽词

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-24 18:38:41 |Display all floors

Wall-Street4.wma

Fox, Where the hell are you? I am losing millions. You got me this airliner and You sure as hell better get me out, or the only job you'll have on this street is sweeping it! You hear me, Foxs?
You once told me, dont get emotion about stocks, Gordon. don't. the bid is 16 and a half going down. As your broker, I advise you to take it. yeah? well, you take it right in the ass, you ----ing #### cocksucker! It's 10 minutes to close. Gordon What do you wanna do? decide. dump it.
++++++
" ####" Typical vulgar insults from Gekko, but it's worth nothing "scumbad" which is a classic insult for a worthless, disgusting or abusive person.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-24 19:20:56 |Display all floors

Wall-Street4.wma

The big wall street story today was roller coaster ride of bluestar airlines. Fueled by takeover rumors, the stock soared to an all-time high at 24 and one eight. Then when  contradictory rumors later surfaced that the takeover was unfounded. buyers went running for cover and stock plummeted on gigantic volume to 16 and a half before closing at 17. But then tonight, amidst all the scuttlebutt, another rumble shook the street. According many sources Raider Sir lawrence wildman has stepped in and bought a substantial block of Bluestar..and is going to anounce a deal tomorrow at 18 that inlcudes the support of the unions. We talked with a leading stock market analyst in order to understand the ramifications "Son of @@@."
++++
Fueled, In this case, "fueled" means powered, or propelled.
"takeover rumors" are talk or gossip which suggests a company is about to be bought.
"Soars", If a stock price "soars," it goes up very fast, like a bird.
"contradictory" If another rumor is "contradictory," it conflicts with, or is, the exact opposite of the previous one.
If news is "unfounded," it not true.
"rumble", A "rumble" is a loud noise, such as when a truck drives by.
"a substantial block", In this case, "a sbustantial block" of a company is a large percentage of their stock.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-24 20:34:01 |Display all floors

all-Street6.wma

Securities and Exchange Enforcement officer. You're under arrest for conspiracy to commit securities fraud.and for voilating Insider Trader's Act. The minute I laid eyes on you, I knew you were no good. You have the right to remain silent and refuse to answer questions, Do you understand? Anything you do say may be used agaist you.You have the right to consult an attorney before speaking to the police. and to have an attorney present during any questioning now or in the future.
++++++++++++++
"conspiracy to commit securities fraud" is the act of working with others to buy and sell stock in a way that is not honest or ethical.
The "insider traders sanction act" isa law to prevent people from buying and selling stock based on secret company information.
"You have the right to remain silent..anything you do say may be used against you."
very famous words in American culture that the police must tell all people as soon as they arrest them.
++++++
Miranda warning
Though every U.S. jurisdiction has its own regulations regarding what, precisely, must be said to a person when they are arrested or placed in a custodial situation, the typical warning is as follows:
"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to have an attorney present during questioning. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed for you."
The current caution used in New South Wales, Australia is:
"You are not obliged to say or do anything unless you wish to do so, but whatever you say or do may be used in evidence. Do you understand?"
from wiki

[ Last edited by 468259058 at 2010-4-29 06:49 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-29 07:54:20 |Display all floors

the 7th part and also the last one of the excerpts

Sandbagged me on Bluestar huh? I guess you think you taught the teacher a lesson that the tail can wage the dog hub? Well let me clue you in, pal. This cie is melting right underneath your feet.
Did you think you could've gotten this far this fast with anyone else, huh? That you'd be out there dicking someone like Darien? No. you'd still be cold calling widows and dentists tryin's to buy 20 shares of some ----ing dog---- stock. I took you in. A Nobody!I opened the doors for you! showed you how the system works! The value of information! How to get it. Fulham oil! Brant resources! Geodynamics! And this is how you ----ing pay me back you Cockroach?
I gave you Darien. I gave you your manhood. I gave you everything!
You could've been one of the great ones, Buddy. I look at you and see myself. Why?
I dont know. I guess I realized I am just Bud Fox.
As much as I wanted to be Gordon Gekko, I'll always be Bud Fox.
++++++++++++++++++
"the tail can wag the dog" When a dog "wags" its tails, it shakes it back and forth. An expression which suggests the less powerful can still fool or trick the powerful.

"to clue in" a person is to let them know of some key information.

[ Last edited by 468259058 at 2010-5-1 09:55 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-29 10:16:11 |Display all floors
up it!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.