Post time 2010-4-5 11:21:30 |Display all floors
movie quote from bowling for columbia2002

[ Last edited by 468259058 at 2010-4-6 09:32 PM ]

temp1.mp3

152.71 KB, Downloads: 841

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2010-4-5 11:22:13 |Display all floors
from a self-defense or technical standpoint, it's a small target, it represents the vitals on a human being, should you ever have to shoot at once.

In this case, a "technical standpoint" is a way of saying from a practical point of view. A "target" is an object that a person with a gun tries to shoot. a person's vitals are their important organs, such as their heart and brain.
1.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-5 11:57:37 |Display all floors

from the internet

We are not racist, we are not extreminist, we are not fundamentalist, we are not terrorists, not militants, or other such nonsence.
we're just concerned citizens.
right now there's tofu beans, soybeans. No herbicides, pesticides  or that stuff.
Certified organic, healthier.

An "extremist" is a person who believes sth very extreme or radical that most people would think is crazy. A "fundamentalist" is usually a person who is extremly religious, who believes their own religious beliefs are the absolutely truth.
"Tofu beans" and "soybeans" are increasingly popular crops that are originally from East Asia. "herbicides" and "pesticides" are chemicals that are used to kill harmful plants and insects.
If a food is "Certified organic," it is officially declared to have been grown without insecticides or other chemicals.

temp2.mp3

619.8 KB, Downloads: 774

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-5 12:26:18 |Display all floors

from the internet "bowling for columbine"2002

If people find out how they'v been riped off and.. and enslaved in this country by the government, by the power-to-be..they will revolt, with anger, merciless anger. they will be blood running in the street.
when a government turns into tyrannical, it is your duty to overthrow it. why not use Grandhi's way? and he beat the British empire. I am not familiar with that.

If a person has been "Ripped off," they have been stolen from in such a way that they have lost a lot of money, often by being lied to.
If a person is "enslaved," they are oppressed or perhaps even forced to work for free as a slave.
The "powers that be" refer to powerful people who control the country and its economy.
"To revote" is to fight back against the state, and "merciless" means without mercy or restraint, or with great cruelty.
If a government is "tyrannical," it brutally and violently represses its citizens. "To overthrow"
the government is to violently eliminate or get rid of it.
The reference to Grandhi is to mahatma Grandhi, the Non-vioent Indian leader who led India to freedom from the British in 1948.

temp3.mp3

552.2 KB, Downloads: 451

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-5 20:50:56 |Display all floors

bowling for columbine2002

As an American with three locks on his doors, I found this all a bit confusing. Even here, in Toronto, a city of millions, people just didn't lock their doors. So you don't lock your doors but we, mericans, do. Why is that? You must be afraid of your neighbour. Do you ever leave your doors unlocked at home? "Yeah." "Yeah, you do?" "Where do you live?" "Right around here." "Toronto?" "Around here." "You leave your doors unlocked?" "Yeah." You'd think, as Americans, that the lock is keeping people out of your place. We, as Canadians, see it more as, uh...when we lock the door, we're imprisoning ourselves inside. You don't want to do that. Not really, no.

And you're not afraid? Should I be afraid? I don't know. You live here. I don't think I'm afraid. You're not, are you?
Thank you very much.

temp4.mp3

732.65 KB, Downloads: 437

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.