Views: 4875|Replies: 9

@@Let's Build Huawei into superconglomerate Chinese version of Samsung @@ [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-3-26 16:01:56 |Display all floors
Huawei without a doubt, China most successful enterprise. It has customer base all over the world.

it's $3 to $4 billion revenue enterprise, but let's build it into Chinese version of Samsung, becoming $30Billion + company.

Huawei  is networking and telecom comapny but it can expand into many other areas as well

such as Cellphone supplier (Chip +software) for China Mobile.    CHip supplier for the gray cellphone market.

It can expand into digital TV, Mobile Multimedia, Wireless. GPS, Gaming device, digital camera, SOnet, Satellite recevier..

doing chip design and firmware and softwares for all those products.

Becoming a Complete  high tech products supplier from China, becoming China's version of Samsung.

Chinese government should inject capital investment into Huawei and encourage it to expand into all consumer electronics Sector, becoming a do it all player instead of just a very successful telcom supplier.

[ Last edited by antimatter at 2010-3-26 04:03 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-26 17:16:03 |Display all floors
This doesn't work well. Conglomerates don't actually make a lot of financial sense, they tend to be brutally ineffectual enterprises by comparison to companies like Apple, Microsoft, Nintendo, etc. with a carefully controlled scope of operations.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-26 21:26:07 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-26 21:35:17 |Display all floors
Originally posted by antimatter at 2010-3-26 01:31 PM
Huawei without a doubt, China most successful enterprise. It has customer base all over the world.

it's $3 to $4 billion revenue enterprise, but let's build it into Chinese version of Samsung,  ...

Huawei is not a conglomerate at all. Huawei's founder Mr.Zhu Rongji holds less than 1% of shares, where are you gonna find a conglomerate in this set up ???

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-26 22:41:53 |Display all floors
Originally posted by interesting at 2010-3-26 17:16
This doesn't work well. Conglomerates don't actually make a lot of financial sense, they tend to be brutally ineffectual enterprises by comparison to companies like Apple, Microsoft, Nintendo, etc. ...

Nintendo is Nowhere near the level of a Samsung.
Interesting, Apple, Microsoft are run by the whites,   Asian cultures are different.  I know what works for Asians.  
Conglomerate is best for Asians as demonstrate by Korea's Samsung and Japan's Toyota.  Today, what you see in China too many comapnies are weak cannot compete directly with multinationals,

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-26 22:42:42 |Display all floors
Originally posted by manoj10 at 2010-3-26 21:35

Huawei is not a conglomerate at all. Huawei's founder Mr.Zhu Rongji holds less than 1% of shares, where are you gonna find a conglomerate in this set up ???

It's not,  but take it to the next level, I would like to see it to be one.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-27 07:34:17 |Display all floors
Anti,

Pardon my condescension, but you haven't demonstrated enough of a knowledge about the topic to be able to say what works for little old ladies in Xian, let alone what works best in the global economy.

If I were to look out over Asian business and cast a judgment about what kind of company Asians were best suited to run, I'd not say "conglomerates". I would say, emphatically, that the smaller the product scope, the better they do. In fact, I would point out that the features of Asian culture that encourage an obsession with single facets of life compel Asia towards having highly focused companies for whom something like a single nut-and-bolt assembly method is an entire world of competition.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.